Thread: Recharging PCP during HFT

Recharging PCP during HFT

If your rifle (BSA Ultra) has a consistent shot count lower than the number of targets would it be ok to recharge(pump or bottle) half way round. Or do you have to do the course on one charge ??
    Chrono arrives next week to test shot count but just want to know to settle my mind as it has quite a small air reservoir.

Jon

Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!

Charging

At a local shoot I'd have no problem with you charging half way round. I'd recommend you take a bottle and leave it on the course though, you don't want to be pumping halfway round!!!

For regional and national shoots have a word with one of the organisers beforehand, which is probably the best thing to do anyway.

Good luck

Ryan
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!

Over the years I have seen several shooters leave an air bottle half way round to fill up their gun. just as the marshalls or the organisor, I am sure you won't have a problem.

I also own a BSA ultra in .177. With a 200 bar fill I only get 20 shots, so I rang BSA and spke to them and the recomended a 232 bar fill from which I get about 35 shots. At a push you get 40 shots with little change in the POI unless the ranges are out at maximum for HFT and even then if I remember correctly it's not a massive problem.
    Buggy2 (Nigel)

Thanks

Thanks for the replies, picked up a chrono this evening so will find out exactly how many shots after work tomorrow.