It's really difficult to compare what you get for the money when comparing the prices given here, as several people have already mentioned.
The new fees at Glos are apparently higher than others here but then the facilities are reasonable. Indoor range 30 meters with 10 and 20 options with target spotlights, 50 meter floodlit outside range with covered firing point, small club room area with drinks and snack facilities. It's open every evening Mon - Fri, Wed afternoons and Sat & Sun mornings with access for members anytime they want to use the range(s) outside of the "open" times. Air, rimfire and centre fire plus a crossbow section. Membership is for all disciplines with no extras like range or attendance fees. Targets and other "consumables" are not free.
The large outside range takes a lot of maintenance to keep it in good order and there are structural problems with the building that houses the club room and internal range that needs money to repair, and costs like electricity and heating are far from cheap.
If fees are paid in one amount then the cost is £240pa or £4.61 per week. Is this really an unacceptable amount of money to have to pay for the resources available? I cannot speak for anyone else but I personally don't think so. I also have to say that just paying a range fee of £2 per session would cost me over £300 per year which perhaps influences my judgement in this!!!!!
B