Thread: HW40, Gamo compact, IZH46M or Rohm twinmaster Top?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by redrooster View Post
    Don't run it to low on gas! or the pellet will get stuck in the barrel!
    East fix though.
    I've already learn to carry a rod!
    (Actually a bamboo knitting needle!!)
    My Guns: a Walther LP200;& a Weihrauch HW40PCA

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Linnet
    If you wish to shoot 10 mt target then remember you get what you pay for, as a beginner you should not buy a pistol you have not tried, and not just briefly, some of the pistols refered in this thread are not competitive target pistols, such as the HW and Gamo, they are cheap starters and you will quickly be disatisfied, I would consider them a back ward step to the FWB. The FWB you are using I presume is a 65 or 80? They are an excelent pistol, pre 1980 every world record was held with them, mens, women, and juniors, and every one had one, still have mine bought in 1972, in the right hands they will still shoot world level scores, but they are out of date now and there are a lot of good pistols out there, but properly set up the FWB has a superb trigger (the HW, gamo, and the Rohm are all a touch agriculural) and it points and ballances well, I have a modern expensive Walther but occasionaly revert to the FWB and get surprised at how good it is.
    A tip to cocking the FWB, rest the end of the barrel side on onto the bench, and pull the lever down, it takes that strain off the wrist, that was the standard cocking acting for many people.
    Best of Luck
    Robin