Thread: HW40, Gamo compact, IZH46M or Rohm twinmaster Top?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

CO2 storage and FACs

Dear All

Given CO2s have been added to the list of good pistols to look for by several of you. I thought it might help me and any other newbies reading this very long thread to know a little about CO2 storage.

I've heard it gets sluggish if too cold. But is it safe to store in a house?

Would you store it in:

1) Centrally heated spare room (not overally heated) safety being the concern on this one.

2) A cool damp cellar
    3) A water-tight but wooden outside shed- cold in winter/hot in summer.

In the case of the latter two options, I could bring just the capsules/ cannisters I'm going to use upstairs/indoors the day before?????

Are their any legal implications with its storage e.g. special gun cabinet for the capsules or anything??

Secondly, at the club last night someone said be careful the CO2 pistols don't need FACs.
    Now I know there is a ft/lb or MV issue to be adhered to, I guess I presumed(perhaps wrongly) that you wouldn't have recommended anything for my 10M range that needed an FAC. So between you could you please confirm that your recommendations below are FAC 'free' or otherwise. (For completeness for future readers I'll list as many guns as I can remember appear above!)

All in .177 ONLY

Alfa Proj CO2 Sport
    Tau 7 CO2
    Gamo Compact
    HW40
    Hw75
    FAS605A
    IZH46 or 46M

Many thanks as always!
    Linnet
    ps I'll be PC-less from 7pm til Sunday night - so it will be nice and quiet once again ....but more to the point, I'm not ignoring your lovely help!!

ps

RE>>>>"so it will be nice and quiet once again" ....

In case that wasn't clear - I mean for you guys, with me absent!!

CO2 cartridges can be safely kept in the house at normal temperatures and would only become dangerous in a hot oven! They are only slightly oversized sparklet bulbs, as used to make soda water (or the nitrogen ones to make whipped cream).

CO2 guns used to be FAC until live pistols were banned, then CO2 was liberated. Max power for an air or CO2 pistol is 6 fpe, but a CO2 target pistol is only around 2 - 3 fpe.

All the guns you listed will be legal and OK for 10m.
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by derekm View Post
    CO2 cartridges can be safely kept in the house at normal temperatures and would only become dangerous in a hot oven! They are only slightly oversized sparklet bulbs, as used to make soda water (or the nitrogen ones to make whipped cream).

CO2 guns used to be FAC until live pistols were banned, then CO2 was liberated. Max power for an air or CO2 pistol is 6 fpe, but a CO2 target pistol is only around 2 - 3 fpe.

All the guns you listed will be legal and OK for 10m.
    Brillian! Thanks once again Derek
    Linnet