Thread: HW40, Gamo compact, IZH46M or Rohm twinmaster Top?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

thanks

for all the replies today...Don't you lot have any work to do?

Thanks for the very lengthy response Nige, I appreciate your opinion having used all 3 of the guns I was/am considering.

With regard to CO2, I just haven't really considered this option due to the extra cost/hassle. I don't know any landlords

Compressed air is free at the club - if only I could afford a PCP and obviously the SSP is free to load apart from elbow grease. I expect as I get better, I will shoot less pellets but currently I'm averaging 100-150 per 3hour session. So for ease/cost, I'm presuming the SSP option would be best(?).

Linnet

You'll be using 2 capsules then? I don't know what they are in the UK nowadays but here they're 3.95 euros for 5. About 60p each?
    Anyway, if you're hankering after a Steyr, I reckon you'd be better off getting the HW40 purely on price, the Compact may look more of a target pistol but the trigger is really dreadful against the smooth let off of the HW40 which is precise and predictable, OK, it doesn't have wooden grips and the grip is smooth, but you can always rough it up a bit like I have, or indeed, you can wrap and stick cloth around it like I've seen done. Unless you're rich, don't bother with the HW75, a beautiful pistol but way too much money and the accuracy is no better. Power doesn't really come into the equation, you'll only be shooting 10m so the '40 is more than adequate. Save your pennies whilst you get used to the '40, then get yourself the Steyr

Which of course, is no more accurate than the Alpha
    You'll also find that snobbery is a big part of pistol buying

Nearly forgot. You'll build up healthy muscles with an ssp, plus being a woman, you'll need to be especially careful when cocking it......read what happened to my mate.....
    And lastly, the exertion in cocking an ssp 150 times will leave you with a trembling arm, honestly.

MojoCrow is offline It rubs the lotion on the anarchist ginger tom.....
    Contact (via personal message) pontiac on this forum as he recently bought a Rohm Twinmaster Top and might be able to give you his thoughts on it (don't worry he's as wierd as the rest of us). The HW40 is nice and light weight (but i found the cocking was irritating- felt like it would try and remove skin given half a chance). Beeman do a copy of it at a cheaper price (non fibre optic sights and slightly inferior finish).

And i am working; it's just that every time i try and work on a gun leaflet, the phone rings or someone comes into the shop. No disturbance while i'm on the forum, strange.
    Customised AA S400 Carbine
    Ros beef, go home! www.buxtedshootingclub.co.uk SiHFT winners 2008 2009 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Linnet67 View Post

Linnet
    If we all done the work thing, we wouldn't be able to give out all this wonderful advise.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Work is for girly swots.
    Task avoidance is where it is at.

Quote Originally Posted by Linnet67 View Post

Linnet
    oh bugger, thanks for the reminder, yeah I have a Police Pistol Card to shoot, darn it its too dark now and have to be in Hull in the morning

Must remember to do it when I get in

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)