Thread: Nikko Sterling Silver Crown 4-12x40 PA

Nikko Sterling Silver Crown 4-12x40 PA

Eeek, i bought a nikko sterling silver crown 4-12x40 scope (second hand-15months old in perfect aesthetical conditon) with the focusing objective lens that your turn and compare to the yardage on the scope to range find and i can hear a rattling inside it when i give it a little shake. The sound appears to be coming from where the adjustable turrets are at the centre of the tube, so i took off the covers and held them, it wasn't them moving and causing the rattling or the turrets, perhaps its something underneath the turrets? Can anyone shed any light on this?

p.s What's the Nikko Sterling official manufacturer site, i want to e-mail them.

A scope belonging to a club member started to loose zero and rattle - turned out to be the front lens coming loose. Try this, point the scope downwards and press the front lens (with a clean cloth), does it go clickty-click?

Re: Nikko Sterling Silver Crown 4-12x40 PA

Originally posted by NearoZero
    p.s What's the Nikko Sterling official manufacturer site, i want to e-mail them.
    http://www.nikkostirling.com/content_pages/home.htm

Originally posted by Numb Nut
    A scope belonging to a club member started to loose zero and rattle - turned out to be the front lens coming loose. Try this, point the scope downwards and press the front lens (with a clean cloth), does it go clickty-click?
    I'll try this tomorrow when i have access to the scope again, thankyou for your suggestion Any help much appreciated.

Re: Re: Nikko Sterling Silver Crown 4-12x40 PA

THANKS I must be blind, i searched for nikko on google and spelt stirling with an 'e' "sterling" gets you nothing.

Pat... Guest

Re: Re: Re: Nikko Sterling Silver Crown 4-12x40 PA

[i]"sterling" gets you nothing. [/B]
    Depends where you are spending it........

Re: Re: Re: Re: Nikko Sterling Silver Crown 4-12x40 PA

Originally posted by Pat...
    Depends where you are spending it........
    bugger all in this country!! -just been looking at cost of living in nz - 38p litre fuel, BigMacs £1.19 (just a comparison - im not saying eat the ****** thing!), 3 bed detatched with 10 acres approx 60k

oh yes i almost forgot (NOT!) - bring your air rifle with you and the police say encourage your kids to shoot air rifles (dont think there is a power limit either!)

emigration forms ARE in the post right now!

Chris

"Kia Ora"!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Reviewcentre
    The mill dot is very good, however I don't use it much as I shoot from a Landrover, so there is not much time for aiming.

TTT and any help would be great thanks

Has anyone had experiences with scopes rattling? Whether it be a Nikko or any other brand, is something wrong? The optics on mine are still clear and the reticle still in focus, just the dam rattling thats coming from the centre of the tube by the turrets ....