Thread: £300 or so to spend so which Scope

£300 or so to spend so which Scope

Hello everyone getting back airrifles after a long break
    Picking up my Daystate lh mk3 rt on monday and need a scope
    I will be joining an airrifle club target shotting also rats and rabbits after a lot of practise but i need to choose a scope around £300 good for low light and targets please HELP........BOB........

Hi Bob
    Welcome aboard best thing regarding buying a scope is once you have joined a club you will get to see what options there are and get a look through other members scopes before you decide.
    Cheers Ray

Get an MTC mate, they're fantastic value for money & the picture clarity is brilliant. they're well built too. I have an MTC Viper 10x44 IR Mil-Dot on my HW100 & it was the best £150 I ever spent! They do loads of different types in loads of different sizes & they have all the features you'll ever need. The only thing that lets it down are the included mounts they're really crap. But if you just buy another set (I use Hawke Match mounts) you've got everything you'll need.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Oakes View Post
    Get an MTC mate, they're fantastic value for money & the picture clarity is brilliant. they're well built too. I have an MTC Viper 10x44 IR Mil-Dot on my HW100 & it was the best £150 I ever spent! They do loads of different types in loads of different sizes & they have all the features you'll ever need. The only thing that lets it down are the included mounts they're really crap. But if you just buy another set (I use Hawke Match mounts) you've got everything you'll need.
    yep pretty much agree with keith on that.

i have had two vipers(10x44 and currently a 6-24x56 with additional big wheel for ft) and had a few weeks with a 8-32x60 viper and if you like the reticle they are brilliant scopes with a good aftersale service.

you can also look out for the old jap tasco custom shops(10-50x56? and 12-60x56) and the 60mm nikko's which are also good scopes.

Falcon menace. Get a look through as many different scopes as you can and then make your decision

EB Sniper
    "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons"

Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!

Fixed?

If it's for hunting too don't bother with a fixed 10x or a big FT scope, fixed 10x is a bugger with a lamp and rangefinding/dialling is a right bitch unless you're well concealed!

Best bet for a bit of both would be something upto approx 16x with upto a 50mm objective. For the budget you're got a Lightstream 3-14x44(?), Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24x40 or the 3-12x40, there's loads of Leupold VX series popping up at the minute.

The best advice is get along to a club or a meet and see what everyone else is using.

Ryan
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!

Variable

If your target shooting is FT try 8-32 MTC viper then wind it down to 10X for lowlight & hunting works for me on squirrels anyway. Excellent reticule set for 35yd zero no need to dial use ret. Carl

Lightstream

Got myself a LIGHTSTREAM 5 - 20 x 50 SF CIR after reading many reviews and being recommened in early threads
    Bought some quality mounts and very pleased with it now have to learn to use it... Thanks for replying