Thread: Hullo from a pistol newbie

Thumbs up Hullo from a pistol newbie

Hi just a quick hullo to introduce myself, just joined the U.B.C.
    Been doing the UKAHFT for a couple of seasons now and liked the look of the pistol HFT courses, then spotted the club on the pistol forum the competitions look a lot more fun and the fact I can do it at home swayed the decision.
    All I need now is a pistol, I like the look of the CP88 and it seems to get a good review for a co2 pistol.

I have printed off the postal comp target's and had a go with my old co2 BB pistol, 1st shot lucky to hit the paper but after 10 or 12 shots sussed out my aim point and managed to score a total of 78 points well chuffed as BB pistols are like lightning and never strike the same place twice.
    Looking forward to having a go in the compertition next month with a proper pistol.
    I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labottomy

Welcome to the UBC!
    I shoot a BB gun in the Police Pistol Comp and its not completely embarrassing.
    Wouldn't stand a hope in the Postal comp though!

Welcome to the nut house indeed,

Get your Police Pistol entry in to Jim by midnight this saturday

What BB pistol are you using?

ATVB

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

Quote Originally Posted by rubberhubby View Post
    U.B.C. the club for me
    Like it.

Hi Gary and welcome again fella, you won't go fair wrong with a CP88 fella, probably one of the most popular of the Umarex Co2 Pistols, if you can lay your hads on one go for the 6" Competition version, it's a lot more accurate than the standard 4"

Like most of us in the gang, you will not have one pistol for long. Click on ME in my sig and go to Shooting and you will see what i mean, I have 4 pistols to add to the list and i've only been shooting 15 months.

Above all else have fun, thats what the UBC is all about.

atvb

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Sniper View Post
    Welcome to the nut house indeed,

Get your Police Pistol entry in to Jim by midnight this saturday

What BB pistol are you using?

ATVB

Tony
    It's a WG303 a Chinese replica with a 12 shot mag so should be ok for the Police pistol comp but reloading take a while

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    It's a WG303 a Chinese replica with a 12 shot mag so should be ok for the Police pistol comp but reloading take a while
    For the Police Pistol comp, you'd need to fire 6 rounds without having to stop to reload.

Jim
    Last edited by Jim McArthur; 11-11-2008 at 04:50 PM.
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Care to elaborate on the WG303 for me please?

I've done a search or two and cant find it so I cant be a nosey bugger

Love to see one

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

And when Tony's nose scents an air pistol he can be very nosey indeed!

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Sniper View Post
    Care to elaborate on the WG303 for me please?

I've done a search or two and cant find it so I cant be a nosey bugger

Love to see one

Tony
    Whoops typo it's a WC303 it's supposed to be a copy of a glock but if I painted my hand black and stuck out two fingers it would look more like a glock.
    The only other markings are M3000 on the grips this link http://www.bbguns.co.uk/832_1_2998063.html shows it's bigger brother
    It'a not great but I didnt have to sell a kidney to buy it and it is great fun

Whoops typo it's a WC303 it's supposed to be a copy of a glock but if I painted my hand black and stuck out two fingers it would look more like a glock.
    The only other markings are M3000 on the grips this link http://www.bbguns.co.uk/832_1_2998063.html shows it's bigger brother
    It'a not great but I didnt have to sell a kidney to buy it and it is great fun

The one pictured holds 20 rounds: remember, you need only 6 at a time for the Police Pistol shoot.

Jim