Thread: Clearidge XP5

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Paul. is offline Drinks rum like a Fella.....

Thumbs up

Top review as ever Blue.

Update on the scope from a night out.
    The scope performed well.
    Using the Lightforce 170, the limit for a reflective surface such as reflectors on the old trailer in the padock is about 500 yards. Looking through the Zeiss at that range, everything is bright and the outline of the reflector is visible without a significant amount of flaring. Basically, you can see if the reflector is square or circular. With a Redfield Illuminator on 18 mag the outline is not distinct. The XP5 was excellent and did give a near result to the Zeiss.
    On actual foxes, the furthest range where the outline was easily madeout in a grass background was just over 350 yards. It all looked good.
    It accounted for two (with some help from the 20 TAC).
    The only issue that arose that I don't like is that any (and I mean any) light gets into the rear of the scope, the reticule reflects a bronze colour back at you. Similar to the effect that you get with a Burris. This only affects opperation when you have a target in the very edge of the light. The reticule is brighter than the target and therefore can make the aiming difficult.
    Etched reticules in a lamping scope is a better bet.

I would still say a great scope, but the Zeiss still is my favourite Lamping scope.