Thread: Pellet choice

Pellet choice

Never really bothered trying ots of different pellets but noticed whilst practicing for Police Pistol that through a my (borrowed) 92f eley wasps are truely rubbish when compered to RWS Hobbys. Wasps will now be reserved for friends to shoot with.

Given that I will be using them through the 92f and my HW40 what are the differences between RWS Hobby, Geco and CO2 pellet apart from the fact that Geco's seem cheapest?

cheers

AA S410K .22, BSA Supersport .22, HW40 .177, Umarex Berretta 92fs .177 Webley Junior .177 (1954)

Quote Originally Posted by 38thfoot View Post
    what are the differences between RWS Hobby, Geco and CO2 pellet apart from the fact that Geco's seem cheapest?

cheers

Ummmm.... I asked similar before.
    The only thing I can think of is that they come in different tins

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Never really bothered trying ots of different pellets but noticed whilst practicing for Police Pistol that through a my (borrowed) 92f eley wasps are truely rubbish when compered

I almost always shoot H&N Wadcutters: but yes, it stands to reason that different pellets would shoot better, in different pistols.

My problem is that the shooter is the problem, not the pellets he's shooting.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Never really bothered trying ots of different pellets but noticed whilst practicing for Police Pistol that through a my (borrowed) 92f eley wasps are truely rubbish when compered to RWS Hobbys. Wasps will now be reserved for friends to shoot with.

Given that I will be using them through the 92f and my HW40 what are the differences between RWS Hobby, Geco and CO2 pellet apart from the fact that Geco's seem cheapest?

cheers

I use Eley Wasps as much as I can in my HW70 & Gamo P-800.
    They are superb for those guns. But Geco's as much as I can in my Co2's

Of course I still have about 3.5K of Webley Harriers that I have to use up Gonna try them in my rifles.

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

Pellets

mmmm Not many pellet factories out there, Far out numbered by Tin manufactures / packing companies

I found Bisley Practice as good as RWS Hobby and about the same price, the pellet needs to be light weight and a snug fit in the mag.

Gecos

I've run out of Geco's and have been using up tins of all sorts, once I've used up the current tin of Bisley practice I'll be buying Geco's again. The quality is consistent enough for my Zastava which demands a steady skirt size and they have performed well in all of my 6ft/lb rifles. A good all round pellet for low powered guns. Good value for money