Thread: Loads

Leyland in darkest Lancashire. HERE BE DRAGONS

Loads

I've always had problems with my .44 revolver shooting so high that it's brought down a couple of satellites.

I've cranked the sights down as low as they will go and dropped my load to 15gn (x vol) of fffg, 6 gn (x vol cous-cous) and a semi greased felt wad behind a .451 round ball.

This, at last, has got me onto the target at 15m without having to aim at Australia.

Has anyone else had this problem with the Pietta .44?
    The biggest problem facing this country today is not the terrorist. It's the politician.

The Bosun's Watch

Hi

I've got the stainless target sighted version - shoots 25gns BP or 20gns 777 - my aim point at 25m on a PL7 target is just to have the black 'floating' above the sights - as we used to in the old precision pistol days.

Cheers

Roy

I too have target version .44 pietta 1858 NMA

I dont use filler, I know a lot of VERY good BP shooters and they all say no, so if its good enough for them not to use it, then I wont either

I use 20g of pyrodex P and .454 ball with wonderlube wad, dont even grease over the front anymore

mine is as per the previous post (lollipopped) far easier to hold the black touching the top of the foresight than to try and keep it centred

only ever used it at 25 and 50m, but works fine for me, althgouh went up to 25g at 50m