Thread: Storing C02 pistols gassed up

Storing C02 pistols gassed up

I always thought you should not store a C02 pistol gassed because of the gas its self, not so.

Apparently it is because of the capsule itself leaving an imprint in the seal.

I have had an empty capsule in my Beretta for about six months( I know i should use it more) but i thought this would be OK as it was empty.

Needless to say i have taken it out now and put in a fresh one of a different make (the empty one was a Walther, new one Crossman) to check for leaks.
    It seems OK, i will shoot this of tomorrow and never leave one in again.

All is explained
    http://www.co2airguns.net/Collection...ders_Seals.htm

Although most of you probably know this already.
    www.hwownersforum.freeforums.org

Nickpan is offline I love a lot of slippery, soapy men's bums!
    Most useful, cheers matey.
    no such words as alot or ect, and do you really want to add a second 'o' in 'lose', unless you're talking about something that isn't very tight?

CO2 seals

Another tip from the US Crosman experts. The seals if left dry do not "mould" to the shape of the new CO2 capsule and then you get a Co2 leak. Get a hairdryer to blow warm/hot air down the cylinder (talking about most Crosmans here) and this will soften the seal enough to "mould" into the shape of the new CO2 capsule...at least this is the theory! Always worth a try with an old gun before stripping to replace the seal.

Mike95

I dont see why anyone would want to leave a CO2 capsule in their pistol, either with or without gas anyway

I keep all mine empty so I can easily check that the pistol is safe