Thread: best pellet?

best pellet?

i'm trying to find the best pellet to buy for a steyr lg110 match rifle used solely for 10m target shooting. any ideas?

regards

andrew

hi there mate ive tried several types of pellet and the one ive found that suits moast guns with tight groupings is air arms fields ive used them for hunting and targets e.t.c and they seem to out preform all the brands ive tryd so ive stuck wiv em hope this helps mate reguards sean

mate of mine uses the JSB flat heads in his... but the r10's go very well in my walther...

cheers fellas, i'll try all 3 and see which is best for , thanks again

if your doing 10m match then your going to want a flat head... domes wont cut as wide or as clean holes.

the two I use in the FWB's are H&N match finale and RWS R10 match - both in 449 head size

found these grouped the best (after trying out many different types )

ATB

Phil
    AAS200T.177 & S510SL .177. FWB P70(diopter), P70 FT(Big Nikko) Steyr LP10, LG110(Big Nikko), LG20(diopter) . The gun is deadly accurate - shame about the user

In My Fwb P700 the RWS Meisterkugeln 0.53g pellet shoots exceptionally well and are highly-regarded by all the competitive shooters in my club. I also have 15 tins of RWS R10 which I have high hopes for although I haven't tested them yet. The R10 were recommended to me by an Olympic shooter who knows her stuff

Any of the Vogel match pellets are also worth trying, these are also highly-regarded by match shooters.

In my Fwb 603 the JSB Blue match pellets are awesomely accurate. Try them if you can source them. The JSB Orange match pellets were also pretty good but the blue were fractionally better. JSB make great pellets.

Remember when testing that if you test using a rest, be prepared to re-zero when shooting off-the-shoulder as the point-of-impact will change. Testing off a decent rest will wring out the absolute best accuracy, but off your shoulder tests both your technique and the pellet at the same time!
    "Cheaper, faster, lighter - pick any two!"

Andrew,

If you are regularly scoring 560+ ex 600 then it's time to start batch testing pellets. If you are not scoring 560 then the best pellet is RWS Geco at £2.39 for 500. You then use the money you save to buy additional pellets, shoot more and improve your scores. To put it another way, up to the 560 level your group size still exceeds the grouping capabilities of a pellet like Geco. Once you pass that level the value of having a better performing pellet increases although it is unlikely to make any significant difference until you pass 570.

It is how you shoot with the rifle over a 60 shot course is the result that matters. There are no prizes for having the best 10 shot batch test group.

Rutty