Thread: Adjustable mounts

Adjustable mounts

Considering an adjustable mount the only makes I have seen are BSA and Sportsmatch, question is though are they similar in construction and adjustment and how easy/difficult are they to set up correctly and once set do they retain the correct setting.
    Are there any other makes available.

I use b-square adjustable mounts which are a pain to set up but you only have to do them once, I would highly recommend them but I have no experience with any others.
    Bowkett tuned BSA R10 .177 BSA Ultra SE .22
    SFS Imp .22 HW98 .20 HW98 .22 HW99s .22
    Wonky tuned HW80 .22 Wonky tuned HW77 .177 SFS tuned BSA Goldstar .22

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    There's very little similarity between the Sportmatch and B-Squares. I tend to prefer the Sportsmatch as they are more robust. Both fully adjustable types are a bit of a pain to set up IMO. My favourites are the ATP061 which are only adjustable for elevation. Be warned though, they are a little on the high side for many applications.
    The best and least fussy adjustables that I've used are the Burris Signature Zee rings, the downside being that they don't seem to make them for standard airgun dovetails. They do make a dovetail model, I have a set, but they are far too wide for any airgun I've got.
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

Thank you both

I recently bought a set of Anschutz adjustable mounts off here.

At £80 they were expensive but they are the best adjustable mounts I have yet seen. Looking at them they look not unlike Apel rings.

The adjustments are simple but tough and reliable - well worth the money.

Here is the thread with pcitures of the mounts: http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298822

only my opinion, but i dont think you need them for hft or hunting, only really come into there own on FT setups so you can get your ret. dead centre, if there good mounts like sportsmatch apt61 you shoundnt need windage on them either, start getting too fiddley.
    steyr lg 100 hydrographics.
    Ripley AR5s (nickle plated)in paul wilson stock & leup 20 50
    AA pro sport + SR6-3-12-44 emleymooreFTC