Thread: hw40

hw40

considering affing a hw40 to my collection having read a few threads on here.
    was wondreing how loud it is to shoot in the back yard? and what the construction is like? and if the power was consistent for paper punching?
    Air Arms S400 Nikko Gameking 4-16x50....

Quote Originally Posted by davep90 View Post
    considering affing a hw40 to my collection having read a few threads on here.
    was wondreing how loud it is to shoot in the back yard? and what the construction is like? and if the power was consistent for paper punching?
    hi dave

the HW40 makes a great back garden pistol. i have 2 an they dont make much noise its more of a snap. good construction i have about 10meters in the garden an can quite happily knock down the targets or punch paper. both my 40s are at a whopping great 2.3fps. i would reckomend these pistols to anyone i cant fault em.
    ATB
    Niel
    shoot safe
    Niel
    spelling mightbe hitt n missz but i dont mizz with the Ripley or the S400

I have to agree with Niel, it's a great all rounder, I also have 2 of them, they are great pistols.

atvb

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Me too, there great
    But I only have one

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

Given that my the first half of 6 yard range consists of the length of my kitched it certainly isnt that noisy to fire.

AA S410K .22, BSA Supersport .22, HW40 .177, Umarex Berretta 92fs .177 Webley Junior .177 (1954)

I had one for yrs, very reliable not that loud only thing I found it a little hold sensetive, think it would be better if they were a little heavier and a good inch longer.
    John
    I Wear my Badge I have my Voice Proud to be a BASC Member

HW40

Great little pistol I use mine in my back garden all the time. Its very quiet and mine is very consistant doing around 375fps with most pellets.

Not had mine more than a few days but it's a superb pistol. Slight amount of muzzle flip (on mine at least) built like a tank and a damn sight more accurate than me (not that that would be hard )

My only moan is the grips are a little slippy and a bit narrow for me and aren't replaceable, but that is a very minor gripe (I'll probably order a hogue HandAll to compensate this if I can find somewhere at a sensible price)