Thread: Thread Size ????

Thread Size ????

Hi, are there any of you fine chaps & chapesses out there, who would know what the type and size of the thread on the OX-YOKE ORIGINALS, black powder phosphor bronze bore brushes ? As I have a load for sale (N.O.S/N.I.B), whisome of the members in our club said they would have but the thread is the wrong size, and I want to make some adaptors on my lathe.
    They're definately not metric and they look something between 1/4" & 5/16",
    But I need to know exactly, so I can get myself a Tap & Die (or a set in imperial UNC or UNF)

Any help appreciated, I may just take the brush some where and see if I can sort something out, but in the meantime, a bit of knowledge, goes a long way.

All the best
    Baz

Hi Baz

Give these guys a shout - http://www.emshootingsupplies.com/brushes.html

dealt with thm a while back - I seem to recall that they were Ox-Yoke resellers (certainly the patches I bought from them were all Ox-Yoke branded)

Seems to be a slight mix of threads on black powder (10/32 thread / 8/32 thread 5/16-27 thread) - but looks like 10/32 is the general size.

Pics are good & you might be able to match yours to what you see on the site.

Cheers

Roy
    Last edited by harricook; 17-11-2008 at 09:59 AM.

Cheers Roy,
    Once again a great source of information, I'll give them a try a bit later and let you know the outcome

All the best
    Baz

Yeah,I think they're the right one's, just got to find a decent tap & die set, with those sizes in, the 15/16- 27 seem to be a bit difficult to find. I'll keep looking though.

All the best
    Baz