Thread: BSA Magum 240 .22

stagmanv835 is offline i tend to drink while on the bbs

BSA Magum 240 .22

O.k i had this on my wish list for i while and managed to buy from a newbie forum member a few weeks ago, due to its location i got my old dad to go pay for and pick up (bless it get him out of the house but he dare not tell mother what he is doing )

So managed to go north to see them and pick up my long awated toy !

I was astouned , my father was an engineer so when he told me it was in good nick i thought great, when i unwraped it i was shocked there was not a mark on it anywere , it unfortunaly had no box but the metal work looks brand new and upon firing it had that distintive I've never been fired before smell about it

Anyway enought of my ranting

what i is after is an idea of number of pellets i should put through before i do any serious crono checking ?

and is it just me or are they supurbly built

and why dont BSA make pistols any more

excuse spelling had a hard early day so have started a nice albali reserva already
    You only have the rights you are willing to fight for

Hi & well done on picking up a fine pistol.have had mine (.177 cal)from new,would put at least half a tin of pellets through it,when first testing mine out, after half dozen shots, pistol put pellets well high as lube burnt off,as I was shooting target propped up against side of bed (old phone book for backstop) wife was not happy to find two slugs had torn through draw built into bed when she returned home (dog house yet again) Shame BSA stopped making then,well made nice pistol.
    Ray....

Well done, I love 240 Magnums as well! These are excellent pistols, an unusual, well thought out design, if BSA started making them again I'd buy one immediately and I already own two!

I like my 240 Magnum (.177) too, but if BSA were to put it back into production, I hope they'd get a bit more sophistication into their CAD designs, as IMO the gun's performance is what makes it worth having, not it's looks or the ergonomics of the grips: the first pattern were simply appalling , and the revised ones were only a little better. Tidy up the sharp edges on the metal parts, and design a better grip and it would be a different story.

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

Nice job,looks good.
    Ray...

A question for someone can you please tell me do you cock them on the lift stroke as with the Webley tempest or is it on the down stroke.

You compress the spring as you open it, like on a Webley Tempest.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    GORGEOUS!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Rob M View Post
    You compress the spring as you open it, like on a Webley Tempest.
    Thanks Rob I have been thinking of getting one but was worried that it would be on the down stroke as I do not get on with pressing it down I find it harder to use so if anyone has one going in good condition I am in the market for one.
    Last edited by beagle2; 20-12-2008 at 10:14 PM.