Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LAW on shooting Pheasant

Quote Originally Posted by nice one View Post
    shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooooootttt tttttttttttt them till they die
    Fat ginger foreign chickens that can't fly properly. In the air or on the ground, they present no real challenge whatsoever. They were only introduced so some posh bloke who couldn't hit a woodcock would have something to shoot at.

Actually I have heard it may have been the Romans, but they come from India. Pheasant, rabbit, grey squirrels. Damned interlopers the lot of them.

CHEERS ALL!!!!

Thanks very much to all for replying to this thread,i have managed to speak to the land owner and i am allowed to take the odd pheasant, Obviousely this is with my tubes and not the air-rifle,so i have promised to only take on the challenging shots and not the easy ones,as we all do anyway as there is no point on shooting something that is sitting on the end of your barrels(unless its a rat).And as i do pigeon and all other vermin on this land i wouldn't want to lose such a good shoot!! As we all know a shoot is so hard to get now adays but very easy to lose. Thanks once again to all.

Quote Originally Posted by steve883 View Post
    Fat ginger foreign chickens that can't fly properly. In the air or on the ground, they present no real challenge whatsoever. They were only introduced so some posh bloke who couldn't hit a woodcock would have something to shoot at.

Actually I have heard it may have been the Romans, but they come from India. Pheasant, rabbit, grey squirrels. Damned interlopers the lot of them.
    They are indiginous to China,hence "Chinese ringnecked-pheasant"

You'd only get in bother if you got caught.....
    i'm new to shooting BUT now i see why most have camo gear...

Introduced to Britain by the Normans apparently.
    As for whether they are a challenge or not I suppose it depends on how far away you are when you try and shoot them.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Same as rabbits, 22rf 50-100yds headshot. No nasty tasting hard bits in them then!

Quote Originally Posted by nice one View Post
    shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooooootttt tttttttttttt them till they die..
    i.e head shots only one shot kill