Thread: Piette spare parts.

Piette spare parts.

Any ideas, apart from Kranks, anyboby supply spare parts for Pietta revolvers. Preferably UK but anywhere would be a help. Many Thanks.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Dixie Gun Works?

Track of the Wolf?

Navy Arms?

These are US companies. Dixie might be your best bet: they seem to have everything BP.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Thanks for that. Funny enough I am waiting on a catalogue from Dixie Arms. I looked at one US site and the part I am after, hand and spring, was $50 plus postage, export etc. Must be made from gold!!

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    WOW! That's quite an expensive part! What exactly was it?

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Talking Pietta parts

hi Mart, try ,Foresters Shooting Association, 01344484215 they are Pietta suppliers so imagine they can supply spares, cheers Tezz

Quote Originally Posted by middaycowboy View Post
    hi Mart, try ,Foresters Shooting Association, 01344484215 they are Pietta suppliers so imagine they can supply spares, cheers Tezz
    Ditto what Tezz says ..

Andy Allwood (Allwood Stock & Mouldings & The Foresters Shooting Assn - his Club) number as above - website www.tfsa.co.uk

If he doesn't answer his phone - leave a message - he casts a lot of lead bullets & phones & furnaces don't mix !!

Cheers

Roy

I buy Pietta parts sets from Cabela's for 25.00 http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...817&hasJS=true They sell them for Remingtons and Colts they also sell cylinders for 39.00 http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...817&hasJS=true I pre fit the parts kits in my guns using the existing parts as a guide and keep them in my range box. If i have a break down i just swap out the bad part and i am shooting again.

You could try, www.peterdyson.co.uk and look in the Revolver section part.
    He has a hand & spring for both Remington 1858's and fot the Colt Navy repro's
    The Ref No's are MP1725 (for the Remington @ £12.00 + p&p)
    MP1813 (for the Colt Navy @ £12.00 + p&p)

Hope this helps.

ATB
    Baz

Many thanks for your replies and suggestions. Unfortunately, I have the Starr model, which is not as common as the Remmys etc. Should have gone to Specsavers!

That Dyson site looks good, always used Kranks in the past never had any problems with Kranks, however not ordered any parts from them for some time. I've read recently some complaints about them though on this site.

Those grip blanks for £10 look good, I was thinking of stripping my Colt handles down to the bare wood and oiling them, as I don't really like the glossy finish. Now for £10 might as well just buy a set of blanks and experiment with an antique finish, and I'll still have the originals.

Martin those Starr pistols are a rare beast never seen one in a dealers.

Good luck.