Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WEBLEY Wonder=Rubbish

Angry WEBLEY Wonder=Rubbish

I foolishly purchased the "new webley Typhoon",in 50 yrs of airgunning its the worst piece of cr#p i've come across.It requires two hands and a foot to operate the trigger,with sights on max elevation it still shoots low @ 10 mtrs.
    I'm trying to think of alternative uses,say glue to a piece of wood and use as a bookend,keep it to THROW @ burglars,reccomend it to replace SA80,further suggestions (clean?) appreciated. mike (MICKSON).

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by mickson View Post
    I'm trying to think of alternative uses,say glue to a piece of wood and use as a bookend,keep it to THROW @ burglars,reccomend it to replace SA80,further suggestions (clean?) appreciated. mike (MICKSON).

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Reminds me of a brand new Webley Nemesis I played with last week. Never been out of it's box since the guy bought it and it wouldn't give any compression. Our resident gunsmith took it apart only to find it hadn't been put together right, 2 mins later it was working fine.
    (Actually not a bad pistol in all honesty, the trigger is a bit naff but it was more accurate than me and very consistent once re-assembled. But I still bought the HW40 instead )

Webleys QC has been seriously lacking over the years.

johnny k is offline Models mankinis for Ann Summers.

if new

take it back for a refund.
    Chinese springer 0.22, HW100 .177. Selection of powder burners
    When there were extra pies to eat, I avoided them.

LOL

Someone on here got a new one a while ago. Did'nt like like the trigger, opened it up to polish and smooth it out. Put it back together again.
    Tried another load of shots, decided it was crap and chucked it in the bin.
    I was thinking of getting one until I read a few reviews from owners.
    Needless to say they all are similar to yours and I wont be getting one

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

Sell it and buy a Webley Senior. The Seniors were built to the same sandards as real firearms, before Weblley worked out that they could cut corners with air pistols.
    My Club: http://www.wendoverarc.co.uk
    Rifles: Air Arms S400 - Air Arms TX200HC - Webley MkII Service Rifle - BSA Imp Model D
    Pistols: Webley Seniors - Webley Juniors - Beretta 92FS - Cobra Crossbow

best advice is to ask what the general opinion of a particular gun is,we will tell you in a straight and very honest way.

i have fired better chinese pistols(the s2),better value than the webley.

Talking RE-webley cr@p pistol

Thanks for comments chaps,I did buy it new so i've taken it back today, point of this entry was to warn others NOT TO BUY IT,regards to all Mike.

MICKSON...shooting should be fun and safe.

yeahhhhhhhhhhh

these pistols are made in turkey.....ive fired one,,about the same size as a house...but houses have better triggers..{i know that doesnt make sense,,but im standing by it crap..a guy was trying to sell one of these a while back,,,couldnt give it away

Quote Originally Posted by mickson View Post
    I foolishly purchased the "new webley Typhoon",in 50 yrs of airgunning its the worst piece of cr#p i've come across.It requires two hands and a foot to operate the trigger,with sights on max elevation it still shoots low @ 10 mtrs.
    I reckon they would be perfect for cleaning out a cement mixer.
    A couple of buckets of water and throw in a couple of Typhoons, i am sure it would come up a treat.

And then you could use the house bricks you have saved to build a house (which i have heard have very good triggers)
    www.hwownersforum.freeforums.org

webly pistols

seems i am not the only one been disapointed with the Hatsan, sorry Webly pistol. When are webly/AGs going to learn that the old real Webly pistols were allways going to be a hard act to follow! atb

Webley needs to learn that it cannot keep relying on its heritage to sell inferior products.

Most of us remember when Webley was great.

The new breed of airgunners, however, will associate Webley with something far less prestigious.

A shame for us.

But in the long run, an even bigger shame for Webley.
    Born To Be Mild.

Webley needs to learn that it cannot keep relying on its heritage to sell inferior products.
    Trouble is its not Webley. Its another company that bought the trademark.

Presumably they think people won't notice that the trademark that used to mean "fair quality gun made in Brum" now means "rubbish made in Turkey". Personally I don't think people are so stupid.

Like they say, you can put lipstick on a pig, but its still a pig.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemorton View Post

Most of us remember when Webley was great.

The new breed of airgunners, however, will associate Webley with something far less prestigious.

A shame for us.

But in the long run, an even bigger shame for Webley.
    Spot on Mike. Well over two hundred years of history and heritage weed all over by some people that didn't understand or care for the name they were buying. I love the old Webley products (I own more than a dozen Webley airguns, some bought brand new in the last fifteen years, some secondhand and many decades old), but I refuse to buy foreign stuff 'badged up' as Webley, or Webley designs made abroad. If it's not made in Birmingham (or the UK at the very least) then it's not Webley as far as I'm concerned and I'm not buying it!

I don't care that the new turkish-made Webley designed guns are said to be approaching the old Brum-made Webleys in terms of quality now. If they're not British made they're not Webleys, and rubbish like the Typhoon is an insult to the history of Webley in my opinion.

Arrow typhoon

I bought one last year , took it back next day, what a load of crap, if I threw
    it in the bin, I would have missed , I got a credit note used it for a deposit
    on a sharp (puma) inova , still waiting , atb Dave.
    , .22 Midas , .177 TX200 SR. ZASTAVA PISTOL.177.