Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WEBLEY Wonder=Rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeG View Post
    Reminds me of a brand new Webley Nemesis I played with last week. Never been out of it's box since the guy bought it and it wouldn't give any compression. Our resident gunsmith took it apart only to find it hadn't been put together right, 2 mins later it was working fine.
    (Actually not a bad pistol in all honesty, the trigger is a bit naff but it was more accurate than me and very consistent once re-assembled. But I still bought the HW40 instead )

Webleys QC has been seriously lacking over the years.
    I had a brand new special presentation model Nemesis, with the same problem.
    The compression cylinder had been assembled the wrong way round, which meant the air bleed hole was at the wrong end.
    This is easy to do, as the cylinder is threaded exactly the same both ends, and apparently there was an assembly worker at the old Webley works who was prone to make this error.

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    This is easy to do, as the cylinder is threaded exactly the same both ends, and apparently there was an assembly worker at the old Webley works who was prone to make this error.
    It's probably this kind of error that sent Webley and most of British manufacturing down the pan.

We only have to read the long threads containing much reasoning why the customer should be expected to be the final QC inspector and how it is unreasonable and impossible for the manufacturer to do it instead.

I wonder how many Anschutz, FwB et al get returned to the factories?
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

webly

I think we all now the answer to that one Gents ! bloody none. Look at the British motorbike industry and what happend there! lets hope someone who cares for the heritage that is behind Webly will buy out Ags soon and we may see an improvement in quality deserving of this great old name.

raider 10

is this the same story for the raider 10 for example??
    AAS200T.177 & S510SL .177. FWB P70(diopter), P70 FT(Big Nikko) Steyr LP10, LG110(Big Nikko), LG20(diopter) . The gun is deadly accurate - shame about the user

Quote Originally Posted by big_phil555 View Post
    is this the same story for the raider 10 for example??
    No, their quite good, although the originals had leakage trouble. Loads of people I've shot with bought later models, and liked them.
    I remember when the first Turkish Webleys hit the shelf. The springers were utter cack, but have apparently improved.

People were so wary of them I didn't see anyone purchase a WB springer till after a year of production.
    Wouldn't own one. Once a very enthusiastic Senior collector told me the Tempest was rubbish in comparison; God knows about the Typhoon!.

Seems like it's been a long term downward slope.

In 1978 I bought my first airgun (parents wouldn't let me have one as a kid) and I wanted the Webley Senior. Ended up with a Hurricane as the Senior was long gone. Quite disappointed really, as it had gone from solid engineering (a "real" gun) to die-cast body, plastic mouldings and roll pins. The modern Typhoon would appear to continue that trend.
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by derekm View Post
    Seems like it's been a long term downward slope.

In 1978 I bought my first airgun (parents wouldn't let me have one as a kid) and I wanted the Webley Senior. Ended up with a Hurricane as the Senior was long gone. Quite disappointed really, as it had gone from solid engineering (a "real" gun) to die-cast body, plastic mouldings and roll pins. The modern Typhoon would appear to continue that trend.
    they've slipped so far now they are,that the chinese guns are better....MICKSON.

Question webley rubbish

Hatsan model 20 made in the same factory is a damn good pistol.??
    mickson.

The problem with the original webley was that they were losing money. At the end they were selling longbows, hurricanes and tempests at cost.
    AGS bought webley, and their debt, and then changed their name to webley ltd.
    Their intentions were to move the factory abroad so that materials/labour would be cheaper and to keep prices roughly the same.

The problem came when they started to dismantle the factory and it basically fell apart. Many of the surviving machines were on their last legs.

I guess that after spending all that capial in purchasing Webley in the first pace that there wasn't much left for purchasing new machinery. Hence why they have gone elsewhere and rebranded.