Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    Here you go paddy you will appreciate this,

My Dog Zeus.

http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/e...b/PB110055.jpg

Jason
    This Camo thing is really influencing you lot isn't it

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    Thanks, Paddy, it looks great!

I'm glad we have computer-savvy people like you and Target Bunny and Tony aboard the UBC.

Jim
    No problem Jim.

Once you have all the scores for the Decembers comp send them to me & I'll upload them on the site.

I'll leave the running commentry to you

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post

Regards
    Paddy.

"Camofeti####itis" seems to be spreading, I'll speak to my doctor tomorrow and see if there is any vacine or cure

Tony
    Last edited by Phantom Sniper; 19-11-2008 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Dumbass filth-filter! :(
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Sniper View Post
    "Camofeti####itis" seems to be spreading, I'll speak to my doctor tomorrow and see if there is any vacine or cure

Tony
    "There's no cure yet: but there is hope. A generous donation on your part..."

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post

No problem Jim.

Once you have all the scores for the Decembers comp send them to me & I'll upload them on the site.

I'll leave the running commentry to you

Regards
    Paddy.
    You have yourself a deal there, Paddy!

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Jim, what are you making the targets out of? Paper I hear you all cry. I cannot find a suitable paper that will leave a nice clean hole when used with an Umarex. Match air pistols leave nice clean holes, Umarex seem to leave jagged tears and this had led to disagreements over the scoring! The best thing I have found is some very thin corregated cardboard. Even conventional target cards of the type used for 10 metre doesn't seem to do very well. I could do with some advice on what type of paper or card to use. Anyone got some brilliant ideas? My apologies if this has already been covered somewhere else.

Just occurred to me that maybe I'm not using the right pellets. I'm currently using RWS R10 7.2 gr which is what I use in my Steyr. What pellets give nice clean holes?

Geco's to some extent.
    I use all sorts but I back the paper with card. Not superb but it works better than nowt

I found scoring to be very easy with Gamo lead balls as the oxidised lead left nice black marks

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon IV View Post
    Jim, what are you making the targets out of? Paper I hear you all cry. I cannot find a suitable paper that will leave a nice clean hole when used with an Umarex. Match air pistols leave nice clean holes, Umarex seem to leave jagged tears and this had led to disagreements over the scoring! The best thing I have found is some very thin corregated cardboard. Even conventional target cards of the type used for 10 metre doesn't seem to do very well. I could do with some advice on what type of paper or card to use. Anyone got some brilliant ideas? My apologies if this has already been covered somewhere else.
    Napoleon, I print my targets out on plain paper, but I like to attach them to stiff cardboard, such as cardboard packing boxes.

If you can print the target image directly onto thin cardboard, that would be a lot better, for sure!

Jim

Just occurred to me that maybe I'm not using the right pellets. I'm currently using RWS R10 7.2 gr which is what I use in my Steyr. What pellets give nice clean holes?
    My H&W wadcutters make nice holes, but I find that there are still tears and jagged edges that come from the softness and lack of stiffness of the paper itself, and the way the paper is attached to the backing: if it isn't perfectly flat and smooth, you will get tears.

A problem I have that contributes to this is that my target backing is a softer material designed to "absorb" arrows.

Jim

I think some of the problem is we're using low velocity air weapons. If we had higher fps then we'd have a cleaner cut hole.

Like many on here, I print mine of onto A4 paper and tape it to a cardboard box

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...1102008058.jpg

And use a suitable back stop

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...6102008055.jpg

Good luck, Phil

Last edited by Phil G; 22-11-2008 at 07:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil G View Post
    I think some of the problem is we're using low velocity air weapons. If we had higher fps then we'd have a cleaner cut hole.

Very true, Phil.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Phil G View Post

Like many on here, I print mine of onto A4 paper and tape it to a cardboard box

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...1102008058.jpg

But something's wrong with your target, Phil, there's a single big hole in the center of it!

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    But something's wrong with your target, Phil, there's a single big hole in the center of it!

Jim

Ah Ha, if it hadn't been for that 'fly-er' at 5o'clock just scoring a 7 I might have been pleased with it.

But, what's done is done.

Gonna find that big stick again and give myself a good beating with it.

Good luck, Phil

=

I think a corrugated cardboard backer seems favourite. I get up to 16 people turning up for the Umarex comps. I'm going to need a lot of cardboard. Has anyone chronographed an Umarex? My Steyr LP5 cuts beautiful holes at a muzzle velocity of about 480fps.

I think a corrugated cardboard backer seems favourite. I get up to 16 people turning up for the Umarex comps. I'm going to need a lot of cardboard. Has anyone chronographed an Umarex? My Steyr LP5 cuts beautiful holes at a muzzle velocity of about 480fps.

I think the Umarex go between 350 ans 400fps.

More with a trailing wind

atb Phil

=