Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: December Police Pistol Competition Thread

Jim. Which target are you using for this months competition?

Hiya,
    Jim's away for a few days. At the moment we will be using the standard one. Find it on the Police Pistol Section of the www.umarexboysclub.co.uk

I believe Pad.E also has the file on the comp results site and Jim (Target Bunny) also has it on his free target site also
    Links to both of those can also be found on the main site. Have a good look around all 3 sites.

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

Being very optimistic.

Being ever the optimist..

I've printed the target, backed it in card from an old cerial box and it's ready to go.

I however still have no idea wether I am or not, after last weeks mishaps with the skiff Jamming.

Still waiting on the new pellets to arrive, and even then until I've fired it won't know if it works. But I shall keep on being the optimist until then.

If they do arrive, so tempted to use the loft, had a quick measure up today, and I have the 6yrds. Brick chimney breast as backing, plus other measures. reckon I might have a nice little range up there!

B.
    Back doin' what I love.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Sniper View Post
    Hiya,
    Jim's away for a few days. At the moment we will be using the standard one. Find it on the Police Pistol Section of the www.umarexboysclub.co.uk

Tony
    Yep! And thanks for helping out while I was away, Tony.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Boggystone View Post
    Being ever the optimist..

I've printed the target, backed it in card from an old cerial box and it's ready to go.

I however still have no idea wether I am or not, after last weeks mishaps with the skiff Jamming.

Still waiting on the new pellets to arrive, and even then until I've fired it won't know if it works. But I shall keep on being the optimist until then.

If they do arrive, so tempted to use the loft, had a quick measure up today, and I have the 6yrds. Brick chimney breast as backing, plus other measures. reckon I might have a nice little range up there!

B.
    I warn you, Boggy, this PP comp stuff IS addictive!

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Ok. I've found the ideal target material.....from Lidls. Lidls have their chilled meats delivered in a thin white corregated cardboard boxes. They then unpack the boxes and chuck them away. Umarexs at 10 metres leave nice clean holes. I found my local Lidls was pleased to give me as much of this stuff as I could carry. You could probably silk screen the target straight onto it. The boxes are quite big and provide several A3 sized bits of card.
    The ideal seems to be stiff but easy to penetrate. Sounds like a girl I used to know...

Talking

[QUOTE=Napoleon IV;3156890.
    The ideal seems to be stiff but easy to penetrate. Sounds like a girl I used to know...[/QUOTE]

============

Sounds like you found the right stuff there, Nap.

With that and if you'd hung onto the girl, you'd be set up perfectly!

Jim

Why do most of our threads wind up down in the gutter

Where I feel right at home

Tony
    (Airgun Section)

Shoot today, shoot next weekend too!

Remember that the last day to shoot our regular UBC bullseye comp and side matches for December, is tomorrow: and that the UBC's December police pistol comp starts next weekend!

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    UBC's December police pistol comp starts next weekend!

Jim
    I will be shooting with my 357-6 this time Jim, Ive sold my CP99

I need to get a new trigger sorted out for the PT80 then give that a try

Take care buddy.

Tony
    (Airgun Section)

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Sniper View Post
    I will be shooting with my 357-6 this time

Take care buddy.

Tony
    You and Jan both: and if she keeps improving, she'll be giving you a run fer yer money with that plastic Python, mate!

Jim

December comp starts tomorrow!

OK, mates, it's time to get out those CO2 repeaters and get that Dirty Harry mindset, because the December Police Pistol competition starts tomorrow, and runs through 21 December.

Starting this month, we'll have separate categories for optical and open sights. You can shoot as many pistols as your heart desires, and in either or both categories.

Check the Umarex Boys Club site for rules and targets, and post your scores PRIVATELY to me, at

capnwilliam@yahoo.com

and I'll post them to the list when the comp ends.

Good luck, good shooting, and may the best Boy (or Girl) win!

Jim

This time.....

!!!!!!!!

it

ThAt time already

Thanks for the reminder, I have not sent everyones certs for the standard comp yet!!!!

Will do that tomorrow Sorry all

Tony
    (Airgun Section)