Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: December Police Pistol Competition Thread

I'm lucky here as the weather is fine, ok so it rains a bit during monsoon season, but not all the time, the big problem is the 8,000 miles between my guns and where I am presently

I'll be back with a vengence in the new year though

Sampai Jumpa lagi

Tn Northern35s

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by northern35s View Post
    I'm lucky here as the weather is fine, ok so it rains a bit during monsoon season, but not all the time, the big problem is the 8,000 miles between my guns and where I am presently

I'll be back with a vengence in the new year though

Sampai Jumpa lagi

Tn Northern35s
    I can see how that would be a problem! See you next year, Northern.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Tony posts score...

Phantom Sniper Tony posted his score, so that's four....

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Now six...

Jan and I both shot today, so that's six....

Jim

And seven...

Mike / Michael B, shooting with a red dot, makes it seven....

And remember, mates, this month there'll be separate scoring categories for iron sights and optical sights.

Jim

Box Full

Jim!

Empty your box mate!
    Must be full of Christmas cards!
    PPK/s score to submit.
    Zastava to follow this evening......time/guests allowing!

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbet View Post
    Jim!

Empty your box mate!
    Must be full of Christmas cards!
    PPK/s score to submit.
    Zastava to follow this evening......time/guests allowing!
    Yer right, Crabbet! I clearned out a batch of old messages, so there's space once again for everyone to send me their scores.

You can also post messages to my Yahoo account:

capnwilliam@yahoo.com

Jim

Second gun done. no visitors darn it.
    Will have to venture out

Watching late night telly Jim, Its nearly quarter past twelve and no results yet.
    No rush mate.

It's only 6:20 PM where I am as I type this, Crabbet: get a few more hours, then a long winter's nap, before I post scores!

Two scores posted by Crabbet, by the way: that makes nine...

Jim

And then we have Jason, that's 10....

Jim

And the scores are IN!

OK, mates: the final bell has tolled, all entries for the December Police Pistol competition are in, and here are the near-final results: NEAR-final, because I need clarification on a couple of shooters' sights, as noted below.

WINNER OF THE COVETED WOODEN SPOON: none other than my own beloved JAN McARTHUR! Jan shot a 209, using her Crosman .357-6 with H&N pellets and iron sights.

Next comes CRABBET, shooting a 230, using a PPk/s with Gamo rounds. Crabbet didn't mention his pellets or sights. I assume "iron", but CRAB: please let me know about sights so I'll know whether to place this score in "iron" or "optical".

Next one up is PHANTOM SNIPER. Tony shot a 240, using a Crosman
    .357-6 with D&N Geco pellets and iron sights.

Then we have MICHAELB. Mike scored a 251 using a Walther Nighthawk topped with a Walther Top Point red dot sight and RWS Hobby pellets. So, Mike's scoring in the "optical" category.

His raw score is right on the heels of....

...me, JIM MCARTHUR, who nosed out Mike with a score of 252, using an Umarex Smith, H&N pellets, iron sights.

Then there was a big gap between Jim and...

...MIKE145. Mike scored 267, also using an Umarex "reck police", but shooting his way better than I did mine !

Mike used Bisley practice pellets and open sights, and he was right on the heels of...

...38THFOOT/TONY, who shot a fine 269 with his iron-sighted Beretta 92FS, using RWS Hobby pellets.

AND now.....we get up there where the air is rare! And in just a moment you'll see what I mean when I say we need a bit of clarification before we can declare the winnerS (remember that commencing with this month, we're using "iron" and "optical" sight categories).

In the THIRD place OVERALL score is.....

.....CRABBET! A 271 with his Zastava GP45 using Bisley Practice pellets and iron sights.

The SECOND PLACE, OVERALL score belongs to...

.....COOKIE DUDE/JASON: who bemoans the fact that he "only managed a 280"

But JASON, I need to know your pistol and pellet, and more so, your sights, because I'm not sure whether I should grade this a "winner of the iron sight" category or "runner-up in optical".

But in any case, the overall top score, and I need to know pistol/pellet/sight here also, so I'll know of which category he's the winner, is....

(.....Drumroll.....)

(.....Pause......)

Our cartridge pistol champ of old,

PHILG!

Phil nosed out Jason, with a score of 282!

PHIL, let me know what pistol/ pellet/ SIGHT you used.

And so mates, there you have the raw scores for the December Postal Police Pistol Competition!

After a bit more info is received, I'll be able to sort it into the proper categories. But, I still think we thrill to "who shot the best score?" overall, don't we?

I know I do!

Thanks to all who participated, and lets get ready and get practicing for the January Police competition, and for Main Match and Side Match and Snooker Match: all brought to you by those wild and wacky UBC boys!

Cheers,

Jim

PHIL, let me know what pistol/ pellet/ SIGHT you used.

Hi Jim, that score was too close Looking over me shoulder and see Jason on my heals, better increase practice (or even start to practice)

I used an 8" S&W with a Weaver Red Dot (still can't believe I paid three hundred quid for this Red Dot 15yrs ago).

The pellets used were RWS CO2 Target mixed with some Crosman Match Pell.

Oh btw, I think Jan could do with a little more practice so if you could take over the cooking and ironing duties for a few weeks I'm sure she'll appreciate it. NO.........okay, just an idea,

atb Phil
    Last edited by Phil G; 22-12-2008 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post

Next comes CRABBET, shooting a 230, using a PPk/s with Gamo rounds. Crabbet didn't mention his pellets or sights. I assume "iron", but CRAB: please let me know about sights so I'll know whether to place this score in "iron" or "optical".

IRONS

Next one up is PHANTOM SNIPER. Tony shot a 240, using a Crosman
    .357-6 with D&N Geco pellets and iron sights.

IT WAS BOUND TO HAPPEN SOMETIME TONY!
    In the THIRD place OVERALL score is.....

.....CRABBET! A 271 with his Zastava GP45 using Bisley Practice pellets and iron sights.

BACK OF THE NET!! WOO HOO!!
    Thanks for moderating again Cap'n Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbet View Post
    Thanks for moderating again Cap'n Jim
    Yer very welcome, Crabber! AND, I think we have all this sorted out now: more in a minute!

Jim