I sold my Ruger some time ago but really fancy another one. Due to the problem with Rugers being sold as .44 and .45 i applied for a .44/.45 black powder muzzle loading pistol and included a letter explaining the reasons behind my request. After a few weeks i got a call from our FAO and he came round that evening. I explained that all Ruger old armys are the same bore size and its only the way they are classed when being sold that causes the confusion. The same as many other black powder pistols, ie my Rogers and Spencer and my mates Remington both use a .451" ball but are sold as .44.
After all i can only buy one .457" pistol so what does it matter what its being sold as its still a .457". He agreed that it made sense to have .44/.45 on my ticket and off he went. This week my ticket has returned and hey presto, permission to purchase .44/.45.
Yet again Lincolnshire licencing authority show themselves to have a common sense approach when faced with a licencing problem and should be seen as a bench mark for other authorities.