Thread: Help for Junior

Help for Junior

Help required for a young lad at our club, he has been with us about a year now with his father shooting a HW25, He is now wanting to try what he terms "Proper target shooting". As a club we dont have many air rifles as we concentrate more on small-bore but there are a few of us that are quite keen to try 10m shooting. We have a couple of FWB300s rifles but they are realy to heavy for this 11 year old, what would any of you recommend we look to try and get for him.
    If any one has anything suitable drop me a note

Here is the killer though It needs to be Left Handed

Iain D

Take a look at the Air Arms S200. Although the "bolt" is right handed, the stock is ambidextrous and it is the right size for juniors. The trigger usually needs a bit of work but other wise they are fine straight out of the box. The most important thing about the S200 is that juniors really enjoy shooting it, one of the best investments our club has made.

Rutty

Quote Originally Posted by Rutty View Post
    Take a look at the Air Arms S200. Although the "bolt" is right handed, the stock is ambidextrous and it is the right size for juniors. The trigger usually needs a bit of work but other wise they are fine straight out of the box. The most important thing about the S200 is that juniors really enjoy shooting it, one of the best investments our club has made.

Rutty
    I think i'm right in saying the the bolts on AA rifles are reversable. They can be flipped over and used that way too. I'm sure that if i'm wrong someone will be along to correct me on it. An Elmer Fudd round ended bolt handle will solve the problem if not though .
    |FX Verminator/Hawke nighteye|AAs400MPR FT/MTC Viper|
    www.mileoakshootingclub.co.uk (UKAHFT affiliated)

The bolt may be reversable but there is a thumb rest in the way, (our lass has one, she's left handed and manages)

hth.

L/H Junior

Thanks for you sudgestions I will have a look at the S200 what would you expect to pay for a good s/h one if you can find one.£250 ish?

Regards

Iain D