Thread: BSA PREWARS....BEST PELLET IN YOUR OPINIONS?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    edbear2 Guest

BSA PREWARS....BEST PELLET IN YOUR OPINIONS?

I have been using old stock webley specials, and pre-bisley wasps in my bsa improved model D in .22....dont hunt, just paper punch and plink...getting a bit low on stock now as if the tins are in good nick, they fetch more than the price of a new tin of quality pellets as collectables....is there a reference anywhere online of pellet head/skirt sizes than anyone knows, or what modern pellet would people reccommend...I have read/heard that rws superdomes work well in older springers, but are there any other brands that readers would recommend are worth a test....thanks all...

Hi,

I find RWS Hobby or H&N FTT go really well in .177 and .22.

Regards,
    John

H&N Field target trophy work very well in .177 through the "L" model i have found

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    In the absence of original Eely Wasps, H&N prove good in both cals imo, but Hobbies are top banana for these old gals for sure (again in both cals and again imo ). Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

BSA

I find H&N Field Target and RWS Superdomes very good in my L Pattern with perhaps the H&N's having a slight edge.

Hobby

I am with the RWS hobby crew. I use them in my H lincoln and improved model D. They just seem to be very consistent, especially for 6-10 yard bell ringing. Best of all they are Cheap!

Caddy.
    Last edited by Caddy; 21-11-2008 at 02:13 PM.