Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Now I feel a proper Boys club member!

Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    I get the feeling your a happy little Bunny,

Unlike poor Brendan with his Skif.
    Yeah, poor Brendan, sorry about that matey - bummer

L.
    My Guns: a Walther LP200;& a Weihrauch HW40PCA

All sorted now.

All sorted now, so I will start afresh this sunday.

Hopefully this time with better fitting pellets so no more jams. Only time will tell on that one.

Ordered a couple of tins online so should get those in a day or two, I even ordered a holster off #### so the thing better had work, or else it just keeps getting more and more expensive.

Anyway no matter what, I will get sorted and I will be shooting and I will improove! I will, I will!

I hope.

B
    Back doin' what I love.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by Boggystone View Post

Anyway no matter what, I will get sorted and I will be shooting and I will improove! I will, I will!

I hope.

B
    You WILL! Though you may have to trade in / up for another pistol.

I started with my Beeman and just don't seem to get better with it (am getting progressively WORSE with it, to tell the truth), but do better with my Smith, because of its heavier weight and longer sight radius.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Wink Already saving.

I do want a smith 6". Am saving for it already.

I see this as an ever changing and evolving thing. Practice practice, buy more as and when I can and hopefully improove along the way.

Must admit the collecting side of things does appeal too.

What hasn't helped is getting a copy of 2008 airgun buyers guide. Blimey flick through that and I can't help myself thinking, 'Oh yes, would like that one.' 'Oh and I really like that one.'

Just hope I can get on the road and my problems with the skiff can be left far behind. Next Sunday is a new day. Start afresh.

B
    Back doin' what I love.

All sorted now,

Ordered a couple of tins online so should get those in a day or two, I even ordered a holster off #### so the thing better had work, or else it just keeps getting more and more expensive.
    Welcome to the Wonderful World of Air Pistols.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Reckon I'm gonna have to dedicate some time first to hitting the target really slowly before I take on the police pistol.

B.
    I find I have better success with the rapid fire Police Pistol Comp than the Postal comp. I guess fast target aquisition suits my shakey hand more than a slower deliberate style. I'm sure you'll improve time on time like the rest of us.
    Try doing a grouping off a rest at 6 yards and I'm sure that will improve confidence in your gun. Suprisingly my PPK will print 1/2" groups so I know the shotgun patterns I manage are my fault not the guns!

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbet View Post
    Suprisingly my PPK will print 1/2" groups so I know the shotgun patterns I manage are my fault not the guns!
    1/2" groups?..

You've got to be standing next to it surely?

at 6yds mine won't come below 4" at best.
    and no, I'm not that good a shot, but I ain't ###### either...

Russ
    Air Arms S400 Classic - Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO MAP6, SMK QB78 DL - JSR 4x40 Mildot ill.El Gamo ASI sniper, BSA Airsporter MkVI. UBC#22 - Sheridan EB22, Gamo Compact:R77-4:Falcon, Walther PPK, CP88 shiney, SMK G10, Baikal 53M:MAK, Crosman 357

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    1/2" groups?..

Russ
    As much as it goes against the grain to pay Russ a compliment, he's actually not a bad shot, I was the marshall for the UBC competition he won in Coventry.
    Last edited by cookie; 25-11-2008 at 08:11 PM.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbet View Post
    I find I have better success with the rapid fire Police Pistol Comp than the Postal comp. I guess fast target aquisition suits my shakey hand more than a slower deliberate style.
    You and me both, Crab!

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    1/2" groups?..

Russ
    I take it yours isn't a Leupys Custom Shop special with a lothar Walther barrel and a trigger job then?
    That is 1/2" off a REST, with Gamo rounds, shocked me too but there you go.
    There is a big difference to the standard which is comparable to lobbing tennis balls down a drain pipe.
    It's a different story when it's me shooting it free hand though

Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    As much as i goes against the grain to pay Russ a compliment, he's actually not a bad shot, I was the marshall for the UBC competition he won in Coventry.
    If the next meet is a bit farther south I'd love to see what it could do in the hands of a competent shooter!

Been practising

Been practising for the PP. Dry firing today, getting used to the handle and feel. Must say it suits me. I'm still a big child!

Can't wait until the new pellets arrive and I can actually give it a go on sunday.

The holster arrived this morning and I love it. amazingly speedy, only ordered it yesterday off ####! - Don't know why I even bothered typing that auction sites's name in as it will only get edited. But you all know what I mean.

Talking of meets. Has there been any discussion about the next one? Probably won't be able to get to one for years. ( I work at weekends, and my next lit'lun is due to be born on 23rd dec!) But I will look if I can. Always a possibility, no matter how slim!

B
    Back doin' what I love.

Been practising for the PP. Dry firing today, getting used to the handle and feel. Must say it suits me. I'm still a big child!

Can't wait until the new pellets arrive and I can actually give it a go on sunday.

The holster arrived this morning and I love it. amazingly speedy, only ordered it yesterday

B
    Getting anxious, eh, Boggy? Me too! I'll be away for our Thanksgiving holiday - that's the one where England got rid of the Puritans - and hope to do some practicing.

Jim

Puritans.........who needs em?
    Bunch of big collar wearing killjoys.

Talking of meets. Has there been any discussion about the next one? Probably won't be able to get to one for years. ( I work at weekends, and my next lit'lun is due to be born on 23rd dec!) But I will look if I can. Always a possibility, no matter how slim!

B
    Oh Yes there is another one in the pipeline, around april/may sort of time. But thats all i can say for now.