Thread: Webley Nemesis

Webley Nemesis

Now having just bought a HW40 and finding it very good and a great deal of fun I am now tempted by a Nemesis.

Obviously It will have to be 2nd hand but what is your opinion of this pistol and what pitfulls are there to buying/ownership of the Nemesis.

Hi..I aquired a mint Nemesis .22 a couple of weeks ago and find it a nice pistol.
    The trigger wasn't that brilliant but after a little tweaking with my screwdriver it's not half bad...will never be a match to my HW40 trigger but acceptable.
    I'm very surprised how accurate I am with it using the open sights and Bisley Practice pellets...it's a possible keeper and that's saying a lot for this pistol as I'm the original pistol tart!!!!!..
    One tip!!...do not put the Nemesis down and pick up the HW40 without thinking....pellet only just within the target holder due to the difference in triggers...
    Nemesis seems to be a tadge easier to cock than the '40 and mine chrono's at about 2.85 ft/lbs with Bisley Practice.
    If you can find a nice example....recommended!!!!..
    Eric.

I would echo Erics comments.
    The trigger is nowhere near the quality of the HW40 even after a little tweaking but overall it's a very acceptable pistol. I put a couple of dozen pellets through one at the club a few weeks back and was getting scores close to my 40 (Disclaimer: I'm a crap shot )

Watch out for any advertised as "Been out of the box once", or rather snap them up quick at a bargain price and strip and assemble the compression cylinder the right way round

QC? What QC?