Thread: bsa meteor mk 7

bsa meteor mk 7

Hi thinking of buying a break barrel for the back garden range, has anyone got any thoughts on the new meteor are they any good? Like everyone else i have owned a few meteors in the past but have been using pre charged and rimfire for years, any advise please? Paul

Meteor Mark 7

I think this is a Gamo now, supposed to be full power.

Mike95

I bought one last week as a club gun. We have a member with a Supersport; he tried out the Meteor (which is now a full size rifle and full power too) and he says, he doesn't know what it is about it but he likes it so much he doesn't want to put it down.

I've handled it but not shot it; it seems to be a really convenient gun, it comes to the shoulder well, and the little fibre optic open sights are a delight.

Yes, made in Spain; so?

Good gun had one a bit twangy, stripped and re-lubed it very good and accurate rifle.

Excellent little rifle for the money

Thanks

Dave

Thanks gentlemen i think i will take the plunge! Paul

I'm affraid that it is a shadow of all former Meteor models. It wouldn't be so bad if it was £100, but it ain't. We all know of the cost of things these days & we all know it's a Gamo, but it's not a patch on the quality of previous models, especially not for the price.

Have a look on the B.S.A.O.G site.

Chris.
    Far too many rifles & pistols to mention here.

I paid less than a ton for mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I bought one last week as a club gun. We have a member with a Supersport; he tried out the Meteor (which is now a full size rifle and full power too) and he says, he doesn't know what it is about it but he likes it so much he doesn't want to put it down.

I've handled it but not shot it; it seems to be a really convenient gun, it comes to the shoulder well, and the little fibre optic open sights are a delight.

Yes, made in Spain; so?
    Thats good news Richard.
    Your instinct to take it proved correct.
    For the money they are an absolute bargain.

Simon
    Anschutz 1427 .22LR Nikon Buckmaster SF 4.5-14x40, A-TEC Mod, Tikka M595 222Rem, Leupold 6.5-20x40LR, Howa 1500 APC 308Win, Nikko Diamond 6-24x50 FFP, wildcat Evolution, Sauer 202 243Win, Leupold 4.5-14x50LR, wildcat Evolution.

meteor 7

speaking to a person at bsa last week i was told the mark 7 had been dis continued

Smile Fibre optic sights

Hi my eyes arent what they used to be and I have trouble with my iron sights on my 1974 airsporter, seing the fibre optic sights are on the meteor any body know if there are available to put on my gun?
    thanks
    edwood