Thread: OMG Rabbits!!

treehugger Guest

Thumbs up OMG Rabbits!!

Walking around the local golf course and fields near my house lately and seeing things that looked like rabbits, I was absolutely *sure* that my eyes were playing tricks on me, anyway I walked through a field that I've not been through in a while and there are *loads* of bunnies!

On cloaser inspectoin I looked for their burrows and found them to be living in a dence tangle of brambles.

I am shocked as there have never been rabbits there before They look like real wild rabbits, any idea of how they have got there???

Can't believe my look as it's literally 2 mins from walking from my house and I've never got the chance to do any bunny hunting before!

How is that?

treehugger Guest
    Gawd my spellings terrible today ..

RochdaleLad Guest
    Do you have permission to shoot there? If so, lucky devil.... If not, get asking

You can count the amount of bunnies around here on one hand.

treehugger Guest
    I've been shooting there for years, just put the rifles away and not used them for nearly the same, but my trigger finger is itching and I might even get a new gun as well!

my garden full of the beggers. but some reson mother wont let me near them

Gary C Guest
    Originally posted by treehugger
    I've been shooting there for years, just put the rifles away and not used them for nearly the same, but my trigger finger is itching and I might even get a new gun as well!
    Brilliant news mate - may be the time to be cunning though..

If they are just establishing themselves may be best to leave them for a few months and then keep them culled to an acceptable level ?

Lucifer,

I didnt say at the time but while looking for your place at the weekend I ended up driving down the rather posh road/track that runs behind your house. While I was down there I saw a fox trotting away down a footpath...squeaked it up and it just sat there for a few minutes staring at us about 30 yards away.

Cheers

Clive

that the reson i reluctant to move out mate. something for getting up in the morning and looking out at that kind of thing.

our garden backs down on to that road.
    hopefull some of the farms around will let me have a bit of shooting. might be going begging in not to distance future.

i never shoot rabits in me own back yard. yep they good for shooting and for eating. but also nice to watch along with the rest of the birds n the bees

Re: OMG Rabbits!!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by treehugger

any idea of how they have got there???

...probably misdelivery by Parcelforce

On ma dirt farm near Dudley in the Westmidlands.
    Originally posted by Lucifer
    my garden full of the beggers. but some reson mother wont let me near them
    Mother HAS to go out at some point.

Man she probable named them.
    peter, cotton tail .....

and how about dinner time???
    i think the rabbit stew + lack of rabbit acctivity in garden might just give it away

RochdaleLad Guest
    Well don't eradicate them completely... Just take the odd one now and again. And surely you've got mates who wouldn't mind the odd rabbit.

She'll never know