Thread: What are they capable of ?

What are they capable of ?

Ay up pistol peops

I was trying to visualise just what power C02 multishot pistols have CP88, 99 and the like
    The only pistols I have owned in the past have all had a some poke, (BSA Magnum, BSA Scorpion, Webley Tempest, Crosman Medalist, Brocock Cobra etc)
    I know its only a few foot pounds but will that pearce a drinks can at 15 yards ?
    What accuracy are they capable of ?
    Quite like the idea at shooting reactive targets,
    If I cant make a drink can dance then actimel bottles might do I guess
    atb
    Nigel
    BSA Superten BBK (Blueprinted), BSA Ultra SS Regged, Tanfoglio Witness, Umarex 1911
    and many, many bows and slingshots

Only about 2 ft/lb so OK with actimel bottles as the can fly about.

If you want more poke try and find a Crosman 600 a good one will put out 4-5 ft/lb.
    Zastava Owners Club.

Hi Nigel, to be totally honest they are low powered but really underated pistols by a lot of shooters, if you use one once in a blue moon they will seem crap, but if like most of us in the UBC you use them daily it's a different story. i can happily score 70+ at 10m on an officail target with my CP88 open sights, more with my beretta with a red dot and more again with the CP99 and laser, Hitting a drinks can at 15 yards not a problem, ripping it to bits, probably not, but with the right pellets you may fill it with holes, as they are only 2-3 ftlbs.

My advice would be get one, you can pick one up on here for around £80, they all have there good and bad points, but the most popular by far is the CP88 (I would recommend the 6" Competition Version) followed by the 6" Smith & Wesson.

Additional sights like Red dots and Lasers really do improve accuracy, but i would advise getting used to the open sights first.

hope this helps

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Main thing I think IS the multishot feature: they're a lot of fun for fast firing / multiple targets. But not big on hitting power.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Thanks for the replies

I had a go with a 92F it did feel low powered compared to other pistols i've used. Still ended up grinning like a cheshire cat
    What i find unusual about CO2 pistols is if no one ever talks in terms of group size unlike they do with rifles.

For instance are they capable of hitting a 10pence coin at 10yard 9time out of 10....in the right hands

Happy shootin
    Nigel
    BSA Superten BBK (Blueprinted), BSA Ultra SS Regged, Tanfoglio Witness, Umarex 1911
    and many, many bows and slingshots

Yes!!!