Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hw vixen advert,,

I knew a guy who had a Normay Vixen and he always promised to sell it to me when he packed in shooting but alas he died and another member of his family got it, he did tell me though that the Bimoco Viper was the best pellet he ever used in it. The Viper was relaunched by John Rothery as the Bisley Bullet.

I have a HW35 'Hofmann Premier' (Stamped on breech block with Made in Germany) in .22cal. It has a carbine length barrel 1/2 inch unf screw cut for a silencer with a beautiful Walnut stock (Also looks to be 100% ex factory original). The whole thing, I believe , is 100% original. The barrel has a stainless look/plated coating. It's an early version with the leather piston head etc .Not Hull Cart.No serial number.
    Do not wish to hijack the 'Vixen' thread ....but, does anybody have any info on this rifle....I can't find any reference to it.
    Cheers
    Carl B

Quote Originally Posted by munchman View Post
    I have a HW35 'Hofmann Premier' (Stamped on breech block with Made in Germany) in .22cal. It has a carbine length barrel 1/2 inch unf screw cut for a silencer with a beautiful Walnut stock (Also looks to be 100% ex factory original). The whole thing, I believe , is 100% original. The barrel has a stainless look/plated coating. It's an early version with the leather piston head etc .Not Hull Cart.No serial number.
    Do not wish to hijack the 'Vixen' thread ....but, does anybody have any info on this rifle....I can't find any reference to it.
    Cheers
    Carl B
    Have a similar Hoffman Premier 35L here in .177 circa '82 I believe- but yours sounds a bit different to say the least

Hope you have some luck tracking down more info on your rifle.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    ...Also, I have a BSF B155. It's very similar to a B55 but has an additional '1' stamped on it. That's only £500.
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Im not THAT stupid.

What calibre is the BSF155?

ATB
    Ian
    Don't waste your money on the inferior BSF155, Cloggy. I have the one and only BSF 165 ever made, right here.

In much the same way as prototype cars being road tested are disguised to fool the motoring press, the BSF 165 was cunningly disguised (to throw Airgun World hacks off the scent) as... ...a Relum Tornado. They did a damn good job - the rifle is indistinguishable from the Tornado.

In fact, most people would be fooled into thinking that this unique and priceless air rifle was, in fact, a Relum Tornado, but BSFs deception obviously couldn't fool a discerning anorak connoisseur such as yourself.

£1,500 in used notes +p&p.

Quote Originally Posted by BTDT View Post

In much the same way as prototype cars being road tested are disguised to fool the motoring press, the BSF 165 was cunningly disguised (to throw Airgun World hacks off the scent) as... ...a Relum Tornado.
    It would be more productive to throw some off a cliff.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Just..

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    It would be more productive to throw some off a cliff.

ATB
    Ian
    ...show him a soap bar, it has the same effect