Thread: HW40 PCA .177 Silencer

HW40 PCA .177 Silencer

Did anyone ever mount a silencer to the HW40?

If so, where did You buy it?
    I'm a programmer and I'm OK, I work all night and I work all day...

I don't think so, if i remember correctly theirs 3 'vents' in front of the foresight and behind the 'end' of the barrel so any silencer/moderator fitted would be useless.

I suppose it could be possible to machine an adaptor similiar to those for the walther CP88, but would need to make sure it didn't foul the cocking action.

Why do you feel the need to do this? i find mine is quiet enough, alot quieter than my CO2 pistol?
    We may dance with the devil, but its always to his tune.

BSA Meteor.22
    BSA Lightning .177 SFS 2-StageTrigger and Tune
    Walther CP88 .177
    Weihrauch HW40PCA .177
    Bruni Action Takedown .177 Project
    Weihrauch HW45 .177 dual power

Hi.

I was thinking of something like the Smith & Wesson Silencer as seen on this page .

I see Your point on the cocking mechanism.

Why? I live in a very noise sensitive environment, and would like the pistol to be even more quiet when plinking in the back yard.

There isn't one for the HW40, and lets be honest it's not really a noisey pistol at the worst of times.

And if you are plinking outside in your garden, why aren't you shooting in the Umarex Boys Club Competitions.

atvb

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    There isn't one for the HW40, and lets be honest it's not really a noisey pistol at the worst of times.

And if you are plinking outside in your garden, why aren't you shooting in the Umarex Boys Club Competitions.

atvb

Jason
    Well. Tell the lady next door that it is "not really a noisy pistol". I'm sure she'll be veeeery understanding.

It is quite a trip going from Denmark to any shooting event in the UK. That's why.

Quote Originally Posted by bjarup View Post
    Well. Tell the lady next door that it is "not really a noisy pistol". I'm sure she'll be veeeery understanding.

It is quite a trip going from Denmark to any shooting event in the UK. That's why.
    No need! As long as you have 6 yards of range then you could enter it from Timbuktu Check out the UBC website for all the details.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Mine doesn't make much noise, it's true: but anything that would add some WEIGHT to that pistol would be an asset, I believe.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by bjarup View Post

Christmas is just round the corner, buy your nieghbour some ear defenders as a present.

It's an On-Line Comp you shoot it at home, at work, in the garden, anywhere you have 6 yards spare.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post

It's an On-Line Comp you shoot it at home, at work, in the garden, anywhere you have 6 yards spare.
    Yep! And if you get a 6-shot repeater you can also shoot our Police Pistol competition, in the same amount of space.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

tried this trigger gaurd is in the way on cocking
    shame as i used mine indoors