Thread: Walther CP88 fliers

Walther CP88 fliers

Hi all
    Iv'e had a cp88 for about 2 weeks now and noticed each time I shoot it the first shot is very random could be 150mm off left, right, up or down after the first shot I can shoot seven shot groups witnin 30 to 50mm load a new magazine first shot all over the place and then it settles down again.
    Has anybody else had this and what did you do to correct it ?
    I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labottomy

Hi fella, i have had same problem in the past, and it's normally all down to temperature, though i've never had it on the first shot of a new mag, normally if i've put the pistol down for couple of mins, then pick it up the first one is a flier, then settle down again.

hope this helps

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

I sometimes get this if the CO2 caplets, or charged guns, are left in a warm room or a pocket prior to shooting.

Try bunging an empty mag in first and letting off a couple of shots to release the built-up pressure before you start on the target.

CP88

Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    Hi fella, i have had same problem in the past, and it's normally all down to temperature, though i've never had it on the first shot of a new mag, normally if i've put the pistol down for couple of mins, then pick it up the first one is a flier, then settle down again.

hope this helps

Jason
    I think this is right mine is exactly the same, range I use is underground and at a constant 8 degrees Brrrrrrrr groups are great whilst the pistol is in constant use but put it down for a few minutes while you reload the mags and you get a couple of random shoots when you restart.

Cheers.

Thanks all, it's not me being a cr4p shot then
    I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labottomy