Thread: Ruger OA: what primers?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cap for Ruger OA

Thanks for that, I believe that caps I have are quite old so I will get some new No 11 ones. I also have a little feeding/seating tool that I was given to apply the caps but I didn't have it with me last night. I'll try again on Sunday - weather permitting and if I can get the caps in time.

The little tool is called a capper, pre load it with your caps, then it makes them easier to fit to the nipples if your fingers are cold, or if you are hamfisted.

Ruger OA

Probably more ham-fisted than cold.

Cheers for the advice.

I have Treso nipples in my ROA (about $10 for a set of 6) and they are a *prefect* fit for Remington size 10 caps. I've now shot over 2000 balls with this combination without a single cap falling off, or any form of cap jam, or any failure to fire.

Ruger OA

Just tried doing a search on Treso but came up with two nipple sets, one Ruger Old Army at $4 odd; are those the ones? or the $22 ones for Ruger and lta?

I got mine from Thunder Ridge a couple of years ago - looks like they are around $21 a pack of 6 now,

http://www.thunder-ridge.com/products.php?cat=67

One thing to note - you'll need to use a regular generic pistol nipple wrench to insert & remove them - the treso nipples don't fit proprietary Ruger hex nipple wrench.

Ruger OA

Many thanks Chocchip, I will order a nipple wrench at the same time.