Thread: Target rifle advice required

Target rifle advice required

I have recently joined the bbs rifle club and have decided to purchase a dedicated centrefire target rifle. I have my eye on the single shot Unique Alpine in 6mm br which is for sale on this site. My only concern is the fact it is a single shot rifle and I have no experience of this.

I am attracted to this calibre particularly as it is a very popular bench rest calibre especially in the states where much success has been had. Is this a good rifle to potentially start shooting in F class.

The other great thing is the fact that a quick barrel change is all that is reqd to shoot .308 with the same bolt.

Anyone with any experience of this rifle or the disciplines I mention?

any advice gratefully listened to.

My other option would be a custom rifle, probably a remmy 700 action in AICS stock which would be magazine fed.

All the best

Steve b

ALPINE

I WISH I COULD HAVE THE RIFLE YOUR LOOKING AT IT DOESN'T GET MUCH BETTER, ANDY

AFAIK, most F-Class shooters use single-shot rifles. Dunno whether it makes much difference, but I imagine single shot actions are marginally stiffer than mag-fed actions, which could make the difference when you're looking for the sort of accuracy that is required in F-Class.
    As for the 6BR round, I've heard only good things. Provided the rifle is in good nick, I'd take it over an AI for the purposes of F-Class any day (though I'd much rather have an AI and do Civvie Sniper Rifle!)
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud
    Shooting is my meditation

buy it you will not regret it