Thread: S&W CO2 revolvers

S&W CO2 revolvers

The literature doesn't make it clear how a scope or red-dot can be mounted on the S&W 586. Also, how effective is the silencer, as I will be shooting it in a flat? I have a clear 12 metres range within the flat and I am the sole occupant behind locked doors, but I have neighbours!

BTW, the backstop is sorted, and is as near silent as I can get.

Please advise.

If I remember correctly, to fit a scope or red dot sight, you need an adapter plate.

As for the moderator, well it knocks down the "crack" a little, but is not that fantastic, however, I shoot in my flat too, so every little helps.

Chris.
    Far too many rifles & pistols to mention here.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    My 686 (same pistol, nickel finish) weighs 44 ounces: not sure I'd want to add any more weight to it!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

You'll need an adaptor rail to fit a scope or dot. Possibly the most expensive piece of plastic on the planet - a basic plastic moulding 65 x 12 x 12mm for £16

It's a bit crazy really when you can buy a complete basic Chinese or Turkish pistol for around 2 x that.
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

Thanks for the info. I think I'll go for one after Christmas, if I have any money left!!!

Wink S&W Silencer

The factory silencer for these is not up to much, but U.K.Neil on the BBs site can supply an adaptor so you can fit any 1/2" UNF silencer you fancy, his own 4" silencer is good but his 7" much quieter,and I have found the Logan QGS best of all with short barrel pistols, on a Crossman 2240 with 9" barrel at 5.75 ft lbs the sound is just a puff, my wife is quite happy for me to shoot from the lounge out into the garden, while she is watching t.v. in the dining room. John Betty

Quote Originally Posted by John Betty View Post
    the sound is just a puff,
    Funnarrr!

Sorry, in a purile mood.
    I'll get my coat.

How could I possibly comment! It could have been a whole lot cheaper for me if my ex had accepted me as disappearing in a puff!

Thanks. I'll give UKNeill a heads-up if I get this in the new-year.

Alan.