Thread: Airsporter ID

Airsporter ID

Hi,I have an Airsporter which I think is a GI prefix.I thought at first that it was GT but that makes it a Goldstar or something later.
    The prefix is under the trigger block and not on the barrel,and it is flat sided front stock, so definately not a Mk2 stock(I have a Mk1). But the fore end is unusual in that the front is almost square.ie vertical!!
    The loading tap is flat and blued steel, not alloy or plastic as the later stuff.

Is it a MK3?? If it is what are they worth now?
    Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
    Dean.
    BASC

The “I” you are looking at may be a number one.
    The serial number on mine looks like its stamped, but on closer inspection it is actually engraved in VERY small writing, so small and neat that it looks like stamping, see: http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q...ent=Serial.jpg

Someone did a survey on numbers here: http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/show...NUMBERS&page=3
    That may help you, I'm no expert but as there does not seem to be a GI there or or even a GH, could it be G ONE?
    So is it basically a "G"?

I think it must be just a "G" therefore a Mk1, and maybe a previous owner broke/modified the stock.

Does the tap open, when cocking?

Does it have the square type or round type sight hood?

It might be of interest to you to know, that there is a square type sight hood on eb@y.

A.T.B.
    Bazwong
    Just too many guns! NO, I was only kidding!

Hi,I do own a Mk1 and a MK7 and have previously owned an early "S" and a Mk5 .
    Its not a Mk1/2 as its not a self opening tap,or the rounded body stock.

On the Chambers site it shows Mk3/4's with serial numbers starting with GI so I thought it might be that.

I'll try and post some pics..

Dean.
    BASC

airsporter

according to Hiller, GI is a .22 model dated June 1969 to June 1971, the last year of the MK2 which was introduced in 1959, cheers Tezz

In Hiller 4th edition GI is listed as Mk II and MK IV. I think he's gone a bit wrong here also he has omitted mention of MK III.
    According to Knibb's Golden Century the last MK II was GF in 1968, GG was MK III 1968-1969, GI was MK IV 1969-1971.
    So Gun in question looks like a MK IV unless its GJ in which case it's a MK V. I think the MK V however was the only one with a pinned on plastic rear sight, when the sight is removed it leaves a small bracket attached to the barrel. My Mk V serial no is under the underlever not on the trigger assembly. So again think it's a MK IV.
    dogsbody

The description reads like it's a MkIII but with GI prefix I'm not sure.
    Enjoyment of the present is denied to those who worry too much about the future.

use:- roger34@btinternet.com as E'mail

Hi,how is it that I cannot add pics to this post?

I usually dont have any trouble but I cannot see a way of putting them on directly.

Dean.
    BASC