Thread: Red dot on a Scorpion

Red dot on a Scorpion

Has anyone tried using a red dot on a BSA Scorpion?

I used to use mine with one of the old BSA scopes but I think something has happened to the mount(ie it is bent!) such that you can no longer zero the thing properly. I therefore went back to open sights, which is fine - up to a point. I use it for pistol HFTand I have found that some of the firing points prevent me being able to get a decent sight picture( we shoot pistol HFT very much like rifle and some of the firing points are forced prone etc which prevents me being able to get the thing at complete arms length) - and I miss!

A kind chap at the club has offered me his "spare" red dot - do you reckon this would work? Will the kick from the pistol destroy the red dot?

Regards

Richard
    http://www.ford-hft.org.uk
    You come into this world with nothing, go out in debt and you've made a profit

I used a Hawke RD30 on my Scorpion, it works a treat. Just be careful when mounting it on those really shallow scope rails.

Rich
    Wanted - Venom Mach 1/2 Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by lightning22 View Post
    I used a Hawke RD30 on my Scorpion, it works a treat. Just be careful when mounting it on those really shallow scope rails.

Rich
    Excellent! just have to come up with another excuse for missing
    http://www.ford-hft.org.uk
    You come into this world with nothing, go out in debt and you've made a profit

I fitted a BSA RS1 on a Scorpion, that's a sort of old-fashioned, non-illuminated red dot sight, with a tiny lens and a white cross-hair. It's a bit like a Webley Speedpoint sight, one eye sees a dot on a black background while the other eye sees the target, your mind merges the two images. It was ok for plinking, although the eye relief was too short really, the BSA RS1 is designed to be used on rifles and be used closer to the eye. Like I say though, good for plinking and fairly accurate although the dot (a circle in the centre of the cross-hair) is quite large.