Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Air Arms Prosport .22

i have only had mine a .22 for a month or so but i love it.very accurate.i prefer to shoot it over my pcp

I've got ...well you can see on my signature...

I originally had a Nikko Sterling Gold Crown 3-9 x 42AO Illum on it, and with the original beech stock and that beast+mounts weighing in at 774grams, it was just too heavy for little old me -4.8k! However, now I've got the WTC 1.5-5x20 on it with some light 2 piece mounts (thanks Airgun Centre) and a walnut cs700 thumbhole stock from Look No Hands, - AY CARUMBA BABY she's the cat's pyjamas at 4.25kg or thereabouts..

The shooting balance has improved markedly with the little scope, the thumbhole is a lot comfier to hold and makes for better grip consistency.
    With the butt resting on my right hip and the gun almost vertical while trading insults in between shots, and the whole handling of the Propsort during the reload cycle is a lot more pleasant for some reason. I have a secret love of seeing half the shrouded barrel down the scope when it's on 1.5x...

Prosport - tuned out of the box - highly recommended. I agree that a sling might be a good idea although I'm loathed to mark the stock in any way with swivels. I'm probably being daft here but is there any other way?
    Salsa forever or die trying Thumbhole Prosport WTC 1.5-5x20, Sirocco 2000LE 3-9x50
    Aut viam invenium aut faciam...Umarex 850 Photos

Quote Originally Posted by jim3141uk View Post
    I've got ...well you can see on my signature...

I originally had a Nikko Sterling Gold Crown 3-9 x 42AO Illum on it, and with the original beech stock and that beast+mounts weighing in at 774grams, it was just too heavy for little old me -4.8k! However, now I've got the WTC 1.5-5x20 on it with some light 2 piece mounts (thanks Airgun Centre) and a walnut cs700 thumbhole stock from Look No Hands, - AY CARUMBA BABY she's the cat's pyjamas at 4.25kg or thereabouts..

The shooting balance has improved markedly with the little scope, the thumbhole is a lot comfier to hold and makes for better grip consistency.
    With the butt resting on my right hip and the gun almost vertical while trading insults in between shots, and the whole handling of the Propsort during the reload cycle is a lot more pleasant for some reason. I have a secret love of seeing half the shrouded barrel down the scope when it's on 1.5x...

Prosport - tuned out of the box - highly recommended. I agree that a sling might be a good idea although I'm loathed to mark the stock in any way with swivels. I'm probably being daft here but is there any other way?
    I know this thead hasn't been active for ages but if you're still looking for a sling this could be helpful.

http://www.cheshiregunroom.com/store...oducts_id=1827

Jonny
    ~ Air Arms ProSport .177 ~

ive had bothe the early model and the later model bothe very good guns in bothe calibre,i often ask my self why i sold the last one as it was faultless in 22 but i decided to go down the hw80k in 22 which ive had 3 years now without selling

Air Arms Pro Sport

What a rifle...The weight just melts away when brought to the shoulder and the trigger unit is a dream. The moment you pull the trigger the action just sweeps along with only a little hint of a thud to let you know the firing cycle as finished. If you was to wear a blind fold before shooting this rifle you would swear to all around you that you just fired a PCP. The accuracy is DING DANG DO and will match any PCP, and in my .177 caliber I could taken on shots I only ever dreamed of with the .22 HW98. The build quality is even better than the HW97KT I used to have and I thought the 97 was damned well built. The AA Pro Sport is one hell of a rifle and when you get used to the cocking and loading of it (that I must admit is a little awkward at first) you have got yourself a rifle that will do anything you ask of it and the smile factor is second to none. AND ITS BRITISH so well done Air Arms what a credit to the company, you have opened my eyes with this one.

Hi, hope this helps....i've owned both the TX200 mark 3 in walnut and now the PS, can't tell them apart, yes they are both weighty, but with this weight it helps with the re-coil so its a trade off between the two.
    My standing shots are also on the "sketchy side" mainly due to me practising prone or kneeling, due to the weight i find a quick sight of the target base, deep breathe move rifle up and pull, the more i think about the shot the worse it gets.....also beware of scope choice, smaller the better as my wallet found out when i bought a Taipan scope... way to long and interfered with the loading port and also un-balanced the rifle.
    Would i ever part with it......never, the looks and quality make it a pleasure to use (or jusy look at).