Thread: Home made Zerostop

Thumbs up Home made Zerostop

maybe you have heard about this feature called zero stop. some of you who had the opportunity to play with some of the high end optics might have came across this feature mainly on nightforce and Schmidt and bender.

the zero stop is mainly a feature which will block the turret from turning once you get back to your first zero, in our case 35m/yards. those of you that use dialing in might sometimes get lost in the number of revolutions that you turn and thus miss because you have one turn over or under what you need.

in my case 1 turn is enough to take me to 120meters since my turret has 6mils(about 21MOA) per revolution. With this home made feature i won't have to worry on which revolution i am because now i can only go back to my 35 yard zero. its optimum also for hunting, just spin the knob to the distance of target needed once you take the shot, spin back till the turret stops turning.

basically i took a strip of rubber, cut it in strips that fit between the scope body and the turret and stuck the two ends with some superglue which does the trick for me and will probably do for you too. i had to remark the scope body where there is the Marked line to show you on which click you are. i did this using some white paint and a drew a small line.
    http://pic18.picturetrail.com/VOL888.../345751066.jpg
    you wont have to worry about the turns anymore, just spin forward to the required dope and spin back to when it stops turning for your original zero.
    Last edited by flims; 03-12-2008 at 11:13 PM.