Thread: Sheridan or Crosman?

Question Sheridan or Crosman?

Can people please give their opinion as to which is the best pistol out of the Sheridan EB22, and the Crosman 2240? Cheers.

depends on what you want it for really.

crosmans are better for modifying but the sheriden is better finished

As he says......

Russ
    Air Arms S400 Classic - Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO MAP6, SMK QB78 DL - JSR 4x40 Mildot ill.El Gamo ASI sniper, BSA Airsporter MkVI. UBC#22 - Sheridan EB22, Gamo Compact:R77-4:Falcon, Walther PPK, CP88 shiney, SMK G10, Baikal 53M:MAK, Crosman 357

Righto then.

The Sheridan is LOUD.If you get one of these purchase a silencer adapter from Steve Darrall (sdcustomdesign.co.uk) and get a Soundbiter Delrin Silencer. I would personally go for the .177cal if you can find one.

The 2240 is more tuneable and almost as loud only available in .22cal in the UK unless you purchase a .177 barrel
    Last edited by munchman; 04-12-2008 at 05:36 PM.

okkkkkkkkkkkkk

ive had both,,,get the 2240,,you can modify them alot..the eb has a horrible trigger,,but sounds like a cannon when fired,,also the bolt that pushes the pellet into the barrel,has a habit of becoming loose,,resulting in a misfire

I have also had both and would totally agree with neil, go for the 2240.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

I've had both, preferred the 2240 honestly, worked very well with Dynamic Sn1 pellets, which is the only gun I've ever had that really liked them. Preferred the sights on the 2240, found the front sight on the sheridan a bit thin and the rear sight was rubbish in my opinion.

The 2240 is also very easy to work on and improve, loads of aftermarket parts available, allowing you to turn them into really good, powerful and accurate pistols.

Pistols

ALSO had both and preferd the Crossman because of the loose bolt/probe as mentioned above
    SMK XS78, Anics Skiff, Remington New Army Blank Firer, Pietta Navy Colt Blank firer, Bruni SAA Blank Firer ..