As some of you may remember I posted a query thread some time ago as to whether people may be interested in a BP pistol section of the BBS Club. It was only a query and one of the problems which soon surfaced is that hardly any of the existing members are into BP pistol.

However, ever since I did my NRA probationer course I can't get them out of my head. It was probably the bit I enjoyed most. I don't feel in any sense competent at safety certificating myself and I can't ask anyone else to do it who isn't a BP pistol shooter with the BBS club so I have booked an assessment with the NRA at Bisley.

It is some time since I shot one so if anyone else has done the assessment I would appreciate a talk through. I am confidant I can remember the procedure from start to finish but would like to tap into reminders from those in the know folks.

I daresay I'll be shooting a Ruger old army stainless as that is what the NRA tend to have as hire pistols.

Once I can get Certificated I'll put in for a variation and get a pistol. I fancy a Uberti .36 Navy Colt - always have!

Over time I intend to develop competence with it and hopefully take it further with a BP pistol section within the BBS Club.

Any help appreciated folks.

Alan