Thread: Need Input on the Daystate CRX

Need Input on the Daystate CRX

How much can you tell me about these CRX's? Performance? Years of Make? Prices new'ish & older? Problems? Pellet diet? Reputation? Ta!
    Philgunner01 Steyr LG 110 Leup 20 x 50 HW 97

Gary C Guest
    Roadrunner has one - drop him a mail matey

I had one of these babys up to a couple of years or so ago. They were around the £1000 mark when new depending on what stock option you had fitted. Mine had the CS800 Daystate that has the adjustable cheek piece.
    They stopped making them I believe around the end of 2002 whe the first MK IIIs came out. I reckon they were made for five years or so but cannot be sure.
    The one I had was quite simply breath taking. It was by far the most accurate, consistant, and reliable rifle I have ever owned.
    It once went back to Daystate as the guy I sold it to was getting 1" groups at fifty yards, and when I sold it, he was getting single holing at that distance. Daystate discovered that dispite assuring me he had cleaned the barrel, it was a build up of lead at the choke. They cleaned it for him free of charge, and gave him a print out. They had shot 25 pellets through their chrono from the bench, and the biggest variation over 25 shots was less than one feet per second.
    Feed them 452 Air Arms field or Daystate 452s and clean the barrel when the groups open up even a fraction. Of all the rifles I have ever let go, Loosing my CRX was the biggest mistake I have ever made.

Mine was a couple of years old when I sold it and it went for £850. the guy who bought it sold it a while after for the same money. I would pay the same now to get that one back.
    Last edited by Karlos.; 29-06-2004 at 02:02 PM.
    "The ones who wish to fight, well, we aim to please"
    Lt. Col. Tim Collins, commander of the 1st Battalion of the Royal Irish

Oh and I joined in April 2002 eleven years a member now

CRX

Thank you indeed, I'm on to a good thing then!!
    Philgunner01 Steyr LG 110 Leup 20 x 50 HW 97