Thread: BSA Standard underlever dates please

BSA Standard underlever dates please

Just added to my (very small) collection of old BSA's which now comprises two 45 in. long BSA Standards. Serial nos. are 12330 and 9022. The higher no is engraved "BSA Air Rifle" and the lower no. " BSA Air Rifle-Lincoln Jeffries Patent". Both have "Made by the Birmingham Small Arms Company Limited". Both have pistol grip stocks. Can anyone confirm dates of manufacture of these? ...thanks..John

Hi John,

Purely dating from serial number alone,according to the Book 'BSA and Lincoln Jeffires Air Rifles' by John Knibbs, your numbers are as follows :-

9022 = Manufactured Oct-Nov 1906,Dispatched Oct 1906-Oct 1908

12330= Manufatcured Jan-Feb 1907,Dispatched Jan-Nov 1907

Both your rifles should be in .177, and should be the 'standard or Ordinary' length of 43 1/4" Long.

Hope That Helps.

Lakey

Lakey....THANKS for manufacture date info. I'll try to post pics. here shortly. Both rifles are .177 and of the standard length you quote. Both have the correct sights as far as I can judge, but 9022 also has the remains of what I imagine was an additional folding rear sight attached to the stock behind the trigger block. 9022 also has some stock damage that is repairable I think. I rescued this one from the back of a shed in Essex......