Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feinwerkbau 2700 - Opinions ?

I've got one

Hi there, I've got a FWB 2700 and it's a damn fine rifle. I'm only shooting 25yards and I'm no Olympian. Following major surgery ( cancer) I struggled to shoot at all but I'm now up & running again and the FWB replaced my Anschutz 1913 (for prone). The 1913 has been relegated to benchrest with a £100 Wolf scope on it.The FWB compares very well with the latest Anschutz offerings and I believe it is better value as it comes with sights and stuff whereas Anschutz charge extra for the sights (?????).
    So in brief it has a super trigger, adjustable everything and will outshoot most of us nuts behind the butts.

Good luck with the search, I believe Churchley at Worthing has these. Might be worth a try ?

All the best, Reg

As far as parts availability/support goes, FWB is absolutely fine. As long as it's in good nick it'll be fine. A couple of mates in the club have them. I prefer my wooden Anschutz 1913, but that's a personal preference.

A few world class shooters have been shooting the FWB stock with Bleiker barrels and actions, so there must be something about the stocks people like (there's nothing wrong with the barrels and actions - but the Bleikers are the best in the world atm, so if you can justify getting one, you do!)

It'll see you through 25yd prone, 3P and put in an excellent showing at 50m provided the barrel is in good nick.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud
    Shooting is my meditation

Quote Originally Posted by SandyGBR View Post
    But I'm not falling over myself to pay £1200. 30,000 rnds has to be a lot of wear on the bolt/action. The other two I saw were £900, and one was a dealer.
    30,000 isn't that much. A top-level shooter (which this one clearly is) will go through 5-8000 rnds a year in training and at the many, many competitions you need to shoot to get selected, and the gear will be well looked after.

We have a couple of rifles in the club from the 1950s. I wouldn't compete with one, but it would be fine for a novice till they got to a good 91-92 avg indoors.

As you say however, if you can find the same thing for cheaper, go for it. Just check they're up to scratch.
    Last edited by Hemmers; 27-12-2008 at 11:56 AM.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

Regarding the one that's currently advertised on Stirton - I know Griff and he's a great guy. He won't sell you junk, and that rifle will easily shoot straighter than anyone. He's also selling ~5000 rounds of Tenex that's matched to that barrel.

As Hemmers says, 30k rounds isn't that much for a .22. I bought a Match 54 last month which is over 40 years old and has probably done hundreds of thousands of rounds, and yet it still shoots incredibly straight and is averaging a 97.5 at 25 yards indoors using off-the-shelf ammo and the ones that didn't go in the bull I /knew/ didn't go in.

It takes a lot to wear out a smallbore action/barrel. Even if you get it rebarreled, that's only another £400 or so.
    Last edited by gwright; 27-12-2008 at 10:46 AM.
    7.62mm Paramount Target Rifle with 30" 1/12 twist stainless Maddco barrel, RPA Trakker rear sight and iris foresight.

Don't you think he's asking a bit over the top for it ? The 2700's I've seen have all comfortably been 3 figures. Regardless of what he's achieved for it, I can't see that's a valid reason to bump the price. And it's clearly heavily used.

What sighting systems and accessories did the other ones come with? Bear in mind that the stock sights etc that come with it aren't fantastic and that Griff's comes with two rearsights, a bag, etc.

Also 30k rounds is not that many, and his ad says ono so I would assume he's open to negotiation.
    7.62mm Paramount Target Rifle with 30" 1/12 twist stainless Maddco barrel, RPA Trakker rear sight and iris foresight.

Quote Originally Posted by gwright View Post
    What sighting systems and accessories did the other ones come with? Bear in mind that the stock sights etc that come with it aren't fantastic and that Griff's comes with two rearsights, a bag, etc.

Also 30k rounds is not that many, and his ad says ono so I would assume he's open to negotiation.
    Yeah, the Centra polarisers/irises start at ~£100 and only go up. Likewise it comes with a Peli case, which don't come cheap, so you're getting at least £200-300 worth of after-market accessories in addition to all the standard stock bolt-ons (hand-raising block, etc).
    You're also getting peace of mind that it will have been very well looked after. You may or may not know the history of other rifles, especially one hung up in a dealers window (obviously only you can put a monetary value on how much that matters to you).

I owned a 2700 for one season or more, it took ages to set up because of the number of adjustments, but after that I didn't need to change anything. I found it to be bit uncomfortable to use because I've got short arms and it was heavier than I would have liked with a tendency to be muzzle heavy. I couldn't fault it in use although I only ever used it scoped at 100 yards, I'd describe its accuracy as first rate. Regarding price, they seem to hold their value well, first owner excepted.

HTH, Vic T

SandyGBR fwb

trayed to contact you have you still got the gun thanks fegan @blueyonder.co.uk
    MRLYN LIMITED EDITION WEIHRAUCH CARBINE