Thread: Not getting on with the skiff.

Unhappy Not getting on with the skiff.

Hi all,

Finally sorted my problems out with my skiff, and I just don't get on with it.

Well I just suppose not every pistol suits everyone.

Just putting the feelers out really to get advise on what I should do.

Obviously want another pistol and so I have the Anics Skiff 3000a and 50.00 quid in my pocket to add for another pistol.

Do I put an add in the wanted or swap section?

If I do, how do I go about adding pics and stuff? cos looking at the posting rules it say's I can't add attachments, so no idea really.

Any advise would be helpful.

B.
    Back doin' what I love.

Question anics pistol

Sorry to see you don't get on with SKIF,i like them surely your first step is to decide what pistol you want,till you decide this you cant decide where or how to advertise it?regret i can't help with computer tech stuff, but plenty do know i'm sure they will step forward. ATB MIKE

I Know what I would like.

I do know what I would like. I'd like the smith and Wesson 6". More accurate and more in line with what I would like to be doing. But there are others that I would certainly consider too.

Dunno what I want to do really. When I came back from the club today I just thought that I can't do enough accurately with it. I felt it's far more of a can ripper and fun plinker than anything else.
    I do know that that's what co2's designed for, but I'd like to progress in comps, and I won't ever be able to do it with this.

If I had the cash I would certainly keep it for just that, but I don't. So I think I need to bite the bullet and PX it.

Sorry for moaning.

B.
    Back doin' what I love.

Thumbs up RE-SKIF

Your not moaning mate just sounding unsure,the smith is rated by many as the most accurate UMAREX although I preffered the colt?,some do well with the xman 357-6 i never use mine don't get on with it?my skif now on long term loan to a mate i shoot far better with it than i do the xman,its what suits you.Hang on some of the good pistol shots will come on and give you some real HELP....ATB...MIKE

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    GO FOR THE SMITH! Now, I love mine for Police Pistol - I find that IF I handle it right, that 6 inch barrel just pops right intothe 9 - 10 ring area.

I'm less enthused about it for bullseye, though. It's too heavy, and the balance seems wronf. Then again, my Beeman seems too light for bullseye, and the balance dseems wrong!

I think that part of the fun is experimenting till you find what's best for YOU.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

I'm having one last go.

Like the title says. Two new mags should be arriving today, and I shall be eagerly heading up in the loft to try em out!

I'm hoping that solves the jamming problems.

Thanks to ukneil for that one by the way. Makes sense if the plastic the pellet sits in is worn, and pellets slip and jams the gun.

If it sorts it out, I may have a total turn around and say how much I love the skiff! How fickle am I? But in the few weeks I've had it I can certainly say that so far I've wanted to throw it out of the window!

Still getting the smith and wesson 6" too though. That just has to be done!

Possibly raising the rest of the cash through the sale of an old banjo believe it or not.

B
    Back doin' what I love.

okkkkkkkkkkk

let me know how you get on,,,if you cant live with it,,,gimme a pm,

Beautiful.

Had lovely time up in me loft! Those new mags worked a treat, put three mags full of pellets through and it didn't misfire once or get jammed!

Didn't score too badly either!

Still have the funds now to get a smith and wesson 6" so am doing that too, and I reckon with those I can have a cracking amount of fun.

B.
    Back doin' what I love.

Well the PPC starts tomorrow, are you going to give it a whirl now you have the spare mags? (Really you only need 2)

Yeah

I reckon I just might.

That way I can start off on the bottom rung of scorers and really work my way up!

B
    Back doin' what I love.

Way to go, trouble is, like all the best things
    .it's all over in a jiffy
    You'll be wanting that second gun!

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbet View Post
    Way to go, trouble is, like all the best things
    .it's all over in a jiffy
    You'll be wanting that second gun!
    Time to bring down the tone again!

Were'nt Jiffy's them rubbers that Ricky Branson tried to make money with by selling them under the Virgin name

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

Yup, I knew you'd be sure to get that one tony.
    It's easier than catchin' fish, just lob it in and sit back and wait!

okkkkkkkkkkk

i told you it was the mags...they wear with use

Shame though

Just makes me wonder what to do with the old ones. A shame they are now redundant.

But they certainly aren't going near my gun ever again.

B.
    Back doin' what I love.