Thread: BSA Front Sight Fixing Screw Needed

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire

BSA Front Sight Fixing Screw Needed

Hi, I'm in need of a fresh screw to secure the front sight firmly in place on an Airsporter RB-2, as the first three threads on the existing screw are stripped. Any help would/will be greatly appreciated (not Knibbs/Guns International or Chambers though, as they want a silly sum for a simple screw ). Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

gareth use the stud out of a house old plug socket the one wich olds it to the wall .coddy.

Quote Originally Posted by coddy View Post
    gareth use the stud out of a house old plug socket the one wich olds it to the wall .coddy.
    ... Well who'd've thought . Will give it a go in a mo. Above request therefore on hold while I have a tinker (cheers coddy ). Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

sparko is offline One of Tiger Woods' lovers...

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by coddy View Post
    That`s Interesting...If It works the thread Is 3.5mm...Sparko

Quote Originally Posted by sparko View Post
    That`s Interesting...If It works the thread Is 3.5mm...Sparko
    Seems to bite quite well but maybe a little too well/tight so possibly a slightly different thread pitch . Anyway, they do the job. I was going to ask the size of these screws next so I can by a small pack from B&Q tomorrow lunch time, but no longer any need as now have the info required. Many thanks coddy and Sparko your help is greatly appreciated. God I love this section -- another school day : G.

Quote Originally Posted by airgunner.177
    Hi matey the size of the thread on the bsa sights are
    4ba its just that ive drilled n taped bsa barrels after theyve been shortened, hope this helps you just a little, atb Andy
    Thanks Andy, and hope you don't mind me copying your p-m (and my answer) here so as to share the info with others. Thought it could be a BA thread, but the 3.5mm screws I just bought seem to fit the pitch ok, although a little tight, which imagine is due to the different thread profile mentioned above (meant profile when I said pitch ), but they seem to do the trick . Atb: G.