Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WEBLEY SERVICE MK11

WEBLEY SERVICE MK11

HAS ANYONE OUT THERE GOT A WEBLEY SERVICE MK11 BARREL IN 177 THAT THEY WOULD LIKE TO SELL JUST IN TIME FOR XMAS IF SO PLEASE CONTACT ME ATB HOWARD 5760

mk11 service .177 barrel.

Hello, look on EVIL BAY,+ .25 barrel,ending in 1 hour 30 mins,
    regards,GR.

edbear2 Guest
    Blimey......the pair listed went for £430......there was a message from someone to the seller explaining that the gun would be devalued, but the seller said "thats youngsters for you"....meaning the new owner....wonder if he had the case as well?

WEBLEY BARRELS

Genuine Webley or not?The 177 has the calibre stampted underneith not on the side like the ones i've seen.
    Does john knibbs still supply new barrels?If so how much.

I suspect the .177 was a non Webley barrel but the .25 could well have been genuine.
    If the .25 barrel alone fetches £245, what does that make a complete Service .25 worth.

I doubt either of those barrels were original and fear for the sanity of the buyers.

barrel

Quote Originally Posted by howard5760 View Post
    HAS ANYONE OUT THERE GOT A WEBLEY SERVICE MK11 BARREL IN 177 THAT THEY WOULD LIKE TO SELL JUST IN TIME FOR XMAS IF SO PLEASE CONTACT ME ATB HOWARD 5760
    hello howard do you now ov any engineers that can machine one for you on the old lathe experts out ther

WEBLEY SERVICE MK11

I MISSED EVIL BAY BUT FROM WHAT YOU HAVE SAID THE TWO BARRELS WENT A BIT OVER THE TOP [ PANIC BUYING] I HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT HAVING ONE MADE BUT ITS NOT GOING TO BE ORIGINAL SO HAVE SHELVED THAT IDEA. WILL LIVE ON IN HOPE THERE IS ONE OUT THERE. THANKS FOR THE REPLIES SO FOR ATB HOWARD 5760

Hello,

Troubledshooter makes a very good point. I would have thought that a good 0.25 Service would have been worth about £600 – ish.
    Maybe somebody wants to put together the elusive “3 Barrel Set “, but that’s only worth having if all the Ser.No’s match. ( My opinion only )
    A friend of friend etc etc has actually broken up guns to get the correct calibre of item that he wants.
    I have two Webley Rifles, with two barrels each and all matching consecutive Ser. No.’s and it’s been suggested more that once that I split them up.
    That will never happen.
    Someone mentioned the Sanity of the Buyers - I agree .

Regards,

Sam

edbear2 Guest
    From the point of making one......chambers do blanks at around £100 + for close the length and diameter you would need as a starting point, then its make or find a foresight, turn the various diameters and sealing flange, slot and solder/braze in the locating bar....all quite easy from a machining point of veiw, but not a quick or cheap job, especially if you had to pay someone.....you would end up up with the ultimate accurate barrel if you were not worried about originality and wanted it just for target shooting....I was debating doing this on a mk2 airsporter, but dont know if all the work and cost would be shown in the grouping at the end of it!....but imagine a well worn looking mk2 airsporter with perfect tuned innards and a match grade choked barrel .HMMMMMMMMMMMMM....

Hi Edbear2,
    The M key on your keyboard appears to be stuckkkkkkkkkkkkk

The reason those two barrels were an attractive proposition to an owner of a Webley Mk.2 Service, and assuming they were both original, is that they were spare barrels, ie bought at a point after the rifle was initially purchased, and as such had no serial number stamped upon them, only the calibre markings.
    As such both could be put with any post 1937 Mk.2 to make a genuine and coveted three- barrel set, and which would be the next best thing to having a similar set but with all barrels bearing the same serial number as the number on the action.
    To pay, say, £400 for both those barrels would add at least that amount in value to a rifle with only a .22 barrel.
    The only real loser here is the guy who decided to sell the barrels seperately from the rest of the rifle, but his motives are his own affair.
    If those .25 and .177 barrels had been stamped with serials numbers that did not match anything, their value would have been nothing like the amounts they actually achieved.
    In all probability the buyers have 2 barrelled rifles, and the third barrel was the missing piece to make up the set, and if so they are worth the money.

Webley MK2 Service

The last .25 Service I saw for sale was last month at Weston's in Brighton (its gone so don't get excited) it was up for £500 and I know I should have got it.

This will make you weep as I had just sold a car and had part of the sale cash in my pocket, £400 to be exact and my wife said why don't you get it. Dithered rang them several days later and they had sold it not 15 minutes previously.

Mick Shepherd's has had one with all three barrels on his website for £750 so perhaps these prices are not too great in this day and age.

Henry Kranks have 3 all at more than £750.......

Remember there is only a finite supply of these things.

And they won't have matching barrels, or anything like!

Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post

Mick Shepherd's has had one with all three barrels on his website for £750 so perhaps these prices are not too great in this day and age.

is Mick Shepards still about remember a few years ago a big hoo ha with him having loads of guns (as a gun dealer)